New Gen4 Glock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They'll fit right in with the HK folks!!!!!!

Its too bad if theirego has really gotten that bad, however I have never held a gun more precise than an HK and a gun that fails to go boom like a glock.

And before anyone jumps on me about SA or SW,... I think the M&P and XD are both fine instruments, I just prefer HK and Glock.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Cant wait to get my hands on one!!
I think Glock is about 10 years behind on this but better late than never..
The dual recoil spring may be a really big deal for shooting fast..we'll just have to see.

This may really open up the Glock for the people with small hands.
and I may get the wife to ditch the dadgum M&P's lol..

I have the feeling by looking at it that the bottom swell will still be a bit of an issue with small hands. Better, but still an issue.

okieglock83

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't see any big improvment...the recoil assembly might be nice, just have to wait and see. I too think Glock has stopped worrying about customer satisfaction. Their guns are great, still the most reliable pistol on the market in my opinion but I think that the M&P is lightyears ahead in comfort and adaptability to different hands/needs....Time will tell if their reliability is on par with Glock but I myself trust my life to the M&P every day both on and off duty. I really though Glock might make some big improvments to their new design but I guess they're "stickin to their guns". haha. Oh well at least we as consumers have different choices and we can buy any guns we want...

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do...not...want. :(

Looks like increased value for the earlier generation Glocks and more work for guys like olyeller. That's some of the cheesiest looking grip stipplecheckerhurl I've ever seen. Oh well, at least the fishgills are gone.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its too bad if theirego has really gotten that bad, however I have never held a gun more precise than an HK and a gun that fails to go boom like a glock.

And before anyone jumps on me about SA or SW,... I think the M&P and XD are both fine instruments, I just prefer HK and Glock.

You must not own any Sigs? :thumbup3:

I honestly only have two issues with HK's USP - their firing-pin safety/trigger-bar design that doesn't allow for dry-firing and their habit of making guns for people with gorilla-sized hands.

The HK P30 appears to have addressed some of this, but I'm pretty much sold on Sigs from now on - I was planning on replacing the G19 that I had to sell recently - but I think I'm happy enough with Sigs that I won't be going back any time soon.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You must not own any Sigs? :thumbup3:

I honestly only have two issues with HK's USP - their firing-pin safety/trigger-bar design that doesn't allow for dry-firing and their habit of making guns for people with gorilla-sized hands.

The HK P30 appears to have addressed some of this, but I'm pretty much sold on Sigs from now on - I was planning on replacing the G19 that I had to sell recently - but I think I'm happy enough with Sigs that I won't be going back any time soon.

I like my sig and you are right I completely forgot about it since I rarely shoot it, but if I remember, the sig's cost usually falls between glock and HK. However, when my father asked what guns he should have my mother try for her CCW, I suggested Sig (1 part for the safety, second part for the size options)

Agree with the large grips on the HK, but this is the first I heard about dry firing. My USP manual says its ok to do so.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just like everything else "new" that Glock puts out, everyone says they hate it but somehow, magically, they end up flying off the shelves.

Latest posts

Top Bottom