New gun control executive orders today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I sure everything above is on his short list to ban, but it pays to read the article. What he signed TODAY has nothing to do with ammo, mags, parts kits or any other firearms except those the U.S. SOLD OR DONATED to an ally, for example, the M1 rifles from Korea are now banned from import.

Since it applies to firearms the U.S. sold or loaned, like you said, it pretty much means this ONLY affects M1 Garands and carbines. There isn't much else out there on the market that is getting re-imported for general consumption.

I haven't seen the actual copy of the EO yet. It'll be interesting to see if this kills the CMP.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
But, but, you guys swore that Obama would never, ever come after our guns. You swore it on your cat's graves.

It is kinda like the pledges, vows, Bravo Sierra and/or lies spread by team Obama going all the way back to his first election: :mad::pissed:

Barack Hussein Obama:
1. "We will continue to work toward an unmatched level of transparency, participation and accountability across the entire administration".
2. "If you like your health care plan, you can keep your health care plan".
3. "To be the most open and transparent ever".
4. "My administration is committed to creating an unprecedented level of openness in government".
5. "When there's a bill that ends up on my desk as president, you the public will have five days to look online and find out what's in it before I sign it, so that you know what your government's doing".

AG Eric Holder:
1. "Put simply, I asked that we make openness the default, not the exception".

Nancy Pelosi:
1. “We will work together to lead the House of Representatives with a commitment to integrity, to civility, and to fiscal responsibility.”
2. “This leadership team will create the most honest, most open, and most ethical Congress in history”.

tulsamal

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I literally got my trust paperwork from the lawyer the day before Obama issued these EO's. I need to sign, my wife needs to sign, then I need to do all the SBR paperwork for one of my AR pistols and send it in. The question is.... how is that going to work if this stuff goes into effect? If I send off all my paperwork in the next 30 days, will it be "under the old rules" or will BATF send it all back or want most paperwork?

In my case, I had a sheriff who gave me the run around. He wouldn't actually say yes or no when asked about signing NFA paperwork. The office always told me information I already knew. I would waste an hour in there and come out not knowing any more than when I went in. After doing that twice, I decided the trust route made sense. I've had background checks for my security clearance in the Army, for my C&R, for my CCW, for my OK teacher's certificate, and for my security guard license. So it isn't like I'm trying to "avoid the background check" or fingerprints. That data is on file in duplicate over and over and over. But the trust method made the whole thing simpler. And simpler on my wife and family if I died owning NFA guns.

G

Latest posts

Top Bottom