New gun control executive orders today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pak-40

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
More relevant will be the effect on importers of other firearms, such as Century. Even then, the effect will be mainly on the supply of modern firearms, like Saiga, rather than on milsurps. The supply of the latter has gone down drastically simply because there aren't any more significant caches in the pipeline, not because of any EO's.

I sure everything above is on his short list to ban, but it pays to read the article. What he signed TODAY has nothing to do with ammo, mags, parts kits or any other firearms except those the U.S. SOLD OR DONATED to an ally, for example, the M1 rifles from Korea are now banned from import.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I sure everything above is on his short list to ban, but it pays to read the article. What he signed TODAY has nothing to do with ammo, mags, parts kits or any other firearms except those the U.S. SOLD OR DONATED to an ally, for example, the M1 rifles from Korea are now banned from import.

Good catch, but I wonder if the article quoted the EO verbatim? The "sold or donated military weapons" bit would greatly limit the scope of the EO to such sources as the Korean M1's - and only some of them, at that - plus small supplies of these rifles sold to other countries. I wouldn't be surprised if by "donated" they were also thinking "loaned" which would encompass the whole of the MAP. Now if Obama is trying to limit imports of firearms incrementally, this EO would be a step in that direction.

Latest posts

Top Bottom