New Gun Store in Newcastle, OK (SW OKC)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

One way

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just a little insight.....

I'm an honest, reliable person - if I tell you something, take it to the bank. I'm not a business person; I'm learning a lot but I will not tarnish my character.

I opened my store to "test the waters". I will TRY to be as cheap as the cheapest around the area....but being the new guy, I don't have quite he purchase power as some of the bigger shops - but I don't have the overhead they do either. I'm willing to match anywhere but sometimes it's not possible. I will Not take advantage of less knowledgable people - that's always been a huge pet peeve of mine. Also, I will not pressure someone to buy something just because I have it in stock. I will encourage people to purchase what THEY want. They make thousands of different firearms because not everyone likes the same thing.

My store is slowing growing. I will continue to grow buy using the profits to reinvest.
I have a full time job but I've always been a gun nut. If I can make it work, great. If not, that's great too.

Looking forward to meeting new customers.
Ken

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think you're doing fine. Do the best you can on your prices, price-matching local competitors is a good idea. But honestly customer service, honesty and being willing to admit you don't know or have everything on hand, but are willing to help out regardless of if you make "the sale" or not. Customer service is #1 when building your business in this field.

Keep up the good work and the good attitude. Good luck with the shop!

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sounding good so far. I didn't see anything about that transfer fees? SSP only charges us $10 to do a transfer; I know that's not a real profit maker, but it at least gets people in the shop. Think about it?

One way

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounding good so far. I didn't see anything about that transfer fees? SSP only charges us $10 to do a transfer; I know that's not a real profit maker, but it at least gets people in the shop. Think about it?

Yeah. It's on the right side of the homepage under store hours - $25 first, $10 each add

One way

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
image.jpeg

becker_atc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw this place other day. Hope you do well! There was a gun/bow shop in Newcastle till a year or two ago. But I don't think I ever saw more than 10 guns in the rack or cases, and not really much for ammo. I live in Blanchard so I I'll be stopping in!

Sent via message in a bottle

Latest posts

Top Bottom