New Hellcat Redeye 797 HP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It happens. We are on the list for a new 2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo as soon as they are released but I am contemplating waiting until the Turbo E-Hybrid becomes available.

The E-Hybrid sounds fun.
Equipped with a 335-hp turbocharged 3.0-liter V-6 and a 134-hp electric motor sandwiched between the engine and the eight-speed automatic transmission, the new E-Hybrid boasts a combined 455 horses—39 more than the prior model, which used a less powerful supercharged 3.0-liter V-6 and electric motor. Porsche claims the new Cayenne E-Hybrid will scoot to 60 mph in 4.7 seconds and blast through the quarter-mile in 13.3 seconds.

But the Turbo has the numbers substantially beat...
The 2019 Cayenne Turbo gets to work with a twin-turbocharged 4.0-liter V-8 that makes 550 horsepower and 567 lb-ft of torque. Using the same eight-speed automatic transmission and standard all-wheel drive, the new Cayenne Turbo can sprint from zero to 60 mph in a breathtaking 3.9 seconds, Porsche claims, and has a top speed of 177 mph.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The E-Hybrid sounds fun.
Equipped with a 335-hp turbocharged 3.0-liter V-6 and a 134-hp electric motor sandwiched between the engine and the eight-speed automatic transmission, the new E-Hybrid boasts a combined 455 horses—39 more than the prior model, which used a less powerful supercharged 3.0-liter V-6 and electric motor. Porsche claims the new Cayenne E-Hybrid will scoot to 60 mph in 4.7 seconds and blast through the quarter-mile in 13.3 seconds.

But the Turbo has the numbers substantially beat...
The 2019 Cayenne Turbo gets to work with a twin-turbocharged 4.0-liter V-8 that makes 550 horsepower and 567 lb-ft of torque. Using the same eight-speed automatic transmission and standard all-wheel drive, the new Cayenne Turbo can sprint from zero to 60 mph in a breathtaking 3.9 seconds, Porsche claims, and has a top speed of 177 mph.
Sorry, I left out an S. I meant to say we may wait for the Turbo S E hybrid. Not the E hybrid. The Turbo S E-hybrid, 680 combined HP. It will be based on the Turbo S E hybrid power plant in the Panamera. We’ve had 3 Cayenne Turbo’s, a 2007, a 2011 and a 2017. The 2017 was lost in our house fire so the wife is driving a Panamera until the 2019’s come out. We were going to get the first Turbo Tulsa was allocates but all the options she wanted weren’t available yet. So now we may wait for the Turbo S E hybrid.

It is a bit confusing these days as I think all Porsche models have turbos but the designation of a Turbo car means the top of the line, until Porsche decides to build a Turbo S (or Turbo S E-hybrid these days) and that’s the rub for the Turbo owners.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now we’re talking some real horsepower numbers! What are the plans? Just a daily driver?
It’s my wife’s soccer mom car. She loves them. Super fast and handle almost like a 911. She demands they have Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control and Porsche Torque Vectoring. They will pull 1 G will keeping the car flat. Amazing for a 5500 lb SUV that can tow 7700 lbs.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry, I left out an S. I meant to say we may wait for the Turbo S E hybrid. Not the E hybrid. The Turbo S E-hybrid, 680 combined HP. It will be based on the Turbo S E hybrid power plant in the Panamera. We’ve had 3 Cayenne Turbo’s, a 2007, a 2011 and a 2017. The 2017 was lost in our house fire so the wife is driving a Panamera until the 2019’s come out. We were going to get the first Turbo Tulsa was allocates but all the options she wanted weren’t available yet. So now we may wait for the Turbo S E hybrid.

It is a bit confusing these days as I think all Porsche models have turbos but the designation of a Turbo car means the top of the line, until Porsche decides to build a Turbo S (or Turbo S E-hybrid these days) and that’s the rub for the Turbo owners.
Fire? Damn, hope you and your stuff came out ok

Latest posts

Top Bottom