New Mexico House Bill 50 Limits Magazines To 9 Rounds, Here's How This Leads To Banning All Guns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

golddigger14s

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So glad we fled Kalifornia due to political persecution 😉 and made it back to the United States and the great state of Oklahoma.
Remember that what is happening in other states can eventually affect us. This gun control stuff is like cancer and the tumor is growing large and fast. Talking to a friend he told me that a number of years ago that to carry (legally) in Lawton you had to have a permit like NY and if you weren't best buddies with the sheriff you weren't getting one. Let that sink in.....
My wife wants to retire in Mexico near her ex-pat sisters. The thought of giving up my guns is weighing heavy upon my mind, but the way things are going here in the states it might not be much different by then.
I may not shoot as much as I want, but I'm the type of person who doesn't like being told what I can or can't have/own. Just going on Fort Sill drives me nuts.

If you have property, family, or friends in other states make sure you talk to them about fighting stuff like this. Apathy is what is killing us. Even if all your guns carry less than say 5 rounds if it gets bad enough it will eventually encompass ALL guns. So just because you don't have an AR platform the restrictions will come down to ALL guns if the antis have their way.
VOTE-FIGHT!

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Remember that what is happening in other states can eventually affect us. This gun control stuff is like cancer and the tumor is growing large and fast. Talking to a friend he told me that a number of years ago that to carry (legally) in Lawton you had to have a permit like NY and if you weren't best buddies with the sheriff you weren't getting one. Let that sink in.....
My wife wants to retire in Mexico near her ex-pat sisters. The thought of giving up my guns is weighing heavy upon my mind, but the way things are going here in the states it might not be much different by then.
I may not shoot as much as I want, but I'm the type of person who doesn't like being told what I can or can't have/own. Just going on Fort Sill drives me nuts.

If you have property, family, or friends in other states make sure you talk to them about fighting stuff like this. Apathy is what is killing us. Even if all your guns carry less than say 5 rounds if it gets bad enough it will eventually encompass ALL guns. So just because you don't have an AR platform the restrictions will come down to ALL guns if the antis have their way.
VOTE-FIGHT!
Voting ain’t gonna fix what is happening. I wish more people would realize that. Also, I wouldn’t even consider living in Mexico. Ain’t no way. I won’t ever live anywhere than this great state. And I’ll fight as hard as I have to in order to keep it great. But we still have a ways to go to be what we should be. But I am thankful every single day to live here. I won’t EVER give up one single gun. I also won’t be told how many rounds I can have.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry Tony, voting is currently, the only way to change things.

Suggesting another method is getting very close to crossing over a line that leads to severe consequences.

That thought has so many challenges it should never happen.

One example is what would happen to veteran benefits? And a little bit of common sense thinking would bring up thousands of reasons why.

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It looks like the bill failed & was not passed.
I'm sure glad of that, I have a trip planned in 7 weeks. Would sure hate to cancel it like I did to Colorado in 2013 over their large capacity magazine ban. Traveled to Colorado twice a year fishing and hunting for over 20yrs, canceled a hunting trip that year and haven't spent one cent in that state since. The only way I have to fight some of this crap is how I spend my money.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sure glad of that, I have a trip planned in 7 weeks. Would sure hate to cancel it like I did to Colorado in 2013 over their large capacity magazine ban. Traveled to Colorado twice a year fishing and hunting for over 20yrs, canceled a hunting trip that year and haven't spent one cent in that state since. The only way I have to fight some of this crap is how I spend my money.
Last summer we spent a couple months in Howard Co. About 25 minutes down river from Salida.
I went into the biggest gun shop in town and was surprised to see a big tub of 30 round mag parts.
It's only illegal to own a factory 30 round, not illegal to build your own. The gun shop owner told me that the 5 sheriffs in the counties around Salida refused to comply with the 30 round mag ban.
We went to the range between Salida and Buena Vista shooting AR's with a couple of fish and game wardens driving by and one Sheriff's vehicle. Nobody stopped or said anything. We had mags inserted and laying all over the table.

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Last summer we spent a couple months in Howard Co. About 25 minutes down river from Salida.
I went into the biggest gun shop in town and was surprised to see a big tub of 30 round mag parts.
It's only illegal to own a factory 30 round, not illegal to build your own. The gun shop owner told me that the 5 sheriffs in the counties around Salida refused to comply with the 30 round mag ban.
We went to the range between Salida and Buena Vista shooting AR's with a couple of fish and game wardens driving by and one Sheriff's vehicle. Nobody stopped or said anything. We had mags inserted and laying all over the table.
I commend the Sherriff's for refusing to comply. I haven't been back to witness or experience that. Like I said the only way i have to fight it is how I spend my $$$.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I assume this would apply to non-residents located in NM? Ie I'd be in violation when doing our Red River trip? That would be the little push I need to go elsewhere. I wonder how that applies to a gun in the car with me as I drive through their state to get to a pro-freedom vacation spot? Too bad, I always liked NM.
It said possess.

Latest posts

Top Bottom