NEW Pistol Match in Edmond !!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice. A bunch of potentially brand new shooters using IWB holsters at an indoor match. I believe there is something in my life insurance policy that prevents attending that.

Maybe we can talk to Todd and he will run an idpa OR a USPSA match.

Since H and H is getting way to big to be fun, what about running it the same night with the same rules? I don't think either would suffer and it would prevent a lot of us from having to drive a half hour?!?

One more thing, this is the same evening of our regular scheduled 3-gun matches at okcgc. Gonna take a lot of folks out of the evening match.

M

My thoughts exactly.

Wizard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well im interested but we need more details about gear that can be used.

If production type gear is what u mean then I will try to be there but not till April as march 21 is me and my g/fs anv.

David E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I appreciate all the comments thus far.

Maybe it would be helpful to share my reasoning behind this match.

When Todd asked me to run their matches, I considered joining USPSA as a club, but there are several reasons that don't make that a good idea at the present time. Besides, there are already multiple venues available to shoot your race gun with race gear.

I considered running it strictly as an IDPA club, but to be blunt, I consider some of the rules to be inane. Were I to run it as a sanctioned IDPA club, I'd have to enforce all the rules, even the asinine ones....

Both of these shooting sports are worthwhile and I enjoy shooting them. But the one thing that neither sport truly addresses is the carry/defense gun.

IDPA has practical divisions, but I don't see too many folks shooting their Glock 26. No, they shoot the match with their Glock 34, then wear their G-26 home. Ask them when they shot it last and they'd have to pause and think about it for a minute.

That's where this match comes in. Ideally, it gives the shooter a place to shoot his carry/defense/nightstand gun in a competitive venue against other similar guns. This improves the shooter with his chosen carry/defense gun.

This means NO "Open" style raceguns. No race holsters. No Dropped-Off-Set holsters. No mag pouches forward of the hip bone. No race-type magwells.

If you look at the holster rules for the Single Stack Division in USPSA or IDPA (ignoring the silly 'daylight' and 2" deep mag pouch rules) then you'll be good to go. A holster and two spare magazines (3 total) will get you thru any stage.

I may see about barring lead bullets, but I need to shoot downrange forward of the firing points to check the ventilation. It might be a non-issue.

A couple people posted that they've never shot a match before. Glad to see some "new blood" coming into the sport ! I will see about having a "Shooters Orientation" meeting prior to the match. I will need to get a head count as best I can. So if you plan on coming to this, your first match, LET ME KNOW so I can put one together.

Some people have expressed concern about a "newbie" drawing from an IWB holster. Just because someone is new to matches does not mean they are inherently unsafe, or that they cannot draw safely. Every one of us were "first time" shooters at one point. Did anyone leave the range when they found out it was your first match? No, I didn't think so.

The safety rules will be USPSA rules, so if they are violated, the offender will be sent home and will forfeit any chance of winning a Heartland Gift Certificate. (Must be present to win, anyway)

I hope this has answered some of the questions raised thus far.

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some people have expressed concern about a "newbie" drawing from an IWB holster. Just because someone is new to matches does not mean they are inherently unsafe, or that they cannot draw safely. Every one of us were "first time" shooters at one point. Did anyone leave the range when they found out it was your first match? No, I didn't think so.

Thanks David, I apologize for my comments earlier and I have deleted them and decided people like that aren't worth arguing with.

I truly want to participate in a match like this that will help (even if only slightly) train with our daily carry guns.

See you there

BC

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I agree with Davids statement regarding iwb holsters, but I do think the RO/SO's need to be on their toes.

I think there may be a limit on competitors also, so we dont get too crowded like H&H.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Nice. A bunch of potentially brand new shooters using IWB holsters at an indoor match. I believe there is something in my life insurance policy that prevents attending that.

Maybe we can talk to Todd and he will run an idpa OR a USPSA match.

Since H and H is getting way to big to be fun, what about running it the same night with the same rules? I don't think either would suffer and it would prevent a lot of us from having to drive a half hour?!?

One more thing, this is the same evening of our regular scheduled 3-gun matches at okcgc. Gonna take a lot of folks out of the evening match.

M

A bunch of brand new, NEVER SHOOTERS carrying IWB these days. Anything to get trigger time is good. Aren't the 3 gun matches just every other month? I think 6 pm should be late enough to shoot both for those that want to. I think plenty of folks still have plenty of fun at H&H match. What I hate is those experienced shooters who come and never help set up or tear down. That makes it no fun for those who have to run it or do help. I say the more matches in the OKC area, the better.

Mitch H.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for clearing up soem of those points.

But if I cant shoot lead I wont be at the match as thats all I shoot.

That makes two of us. Banning the product I use, as well as produce/sell, would make Heartland Outdoors a non-issue for myself as well as others when it comes to a choice of where to spend our time and money.

Latest posts

Top Bottom