NEW Pistol Match in Edmond !!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryP

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"I really like the idea of practical rules with vickers scoring"

Me too!

David, I like what you are going to do with this match concept. I am sure there will be plenty of shooters that will be wanting to participate in this format.

T.P.

T-Baggin98

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im very interested in this. Outside of military, this would be my first match to shoot at also. Makes it even better that its only a few minutes from the house. I look forward to shooting and learning a few things from you guys...

Slammer

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
2300 N Lincoln Blvd, OKlahoma City, OK 73105
I was unaware of the 3-gun matches held on the 3rd Sunday, every other month.

Also, I had to go with what Heartland has available. Sundays are it.

Then, I had to consider what else is already going on. (that I was aware of)

Hinton holds IDPA matches the first Sunday, starting at 2 pm on the first Sunday. In addition, Tri-City holds an 'IPSC-like' match on the first Sunday starting at 10 am. So, first Sunday was out.

H&H shoots the second Sunday night, so second Sunday was out.

Fourth Sunday finds a match in Shawnee, which many people from OKC go to, as well.

All of these are within an hour of the OKC area.

That leaves the third Sunday at 6 pm.

I thought this would work out great, as it would allow a shooter living in the OKC area to shoot THREE matches for THREE weeks in a row without having to drive that far. Probably less than 20-30 minutes for most.

I know I can't please everybody. Heck, this wasn't even my first choice! But it's the best available.

But as things progress, more options may present themselves, but for now, the best option is the 3rd Sunday night.

Don't be afraid to intrude upon that 1st Sunday match at Tri city. I dont think any of thise shooters but maybe one or two will shoot anywhere but at Tri city. Plus it is finished by 12:00.

David E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't be afraid to intrude upon that 1st Sunday match at Tri city. I dont think any of thise shooters but maybe one or two will shoot anywhere but at Tri city. Plus it is finished by 12:00.

True, but the IDPA match in Hinton doesn't begin until 2 pm.

Besides, many folks would've just shot the match Saturday at OKC Gunclub. Spreading out the shooting possibilities would allow a better chance for people to squeeze in one, or even all 3.

David E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There will be a minimum of 4 stages.

Typically, we'll set one up on each side then change them up a bit for 2 more stages.

However, for the first match, I might set up 4 short, yet challenging stages, 2 on each side.

Round count will be in the 50-60 range.

David E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Vickers scoring is time added to your run for each point down. Originally, IDPA had it set at adding .30 for each point dropped. After their first invitational "Nationals," they changed it to a full 1/2 second.

Personally, I find this too severe, and it allows me to shoot slower to maximize my IDPA match score. I will set the time added to .20 for each point down. It's not enough time to "game" it in any way and still rewards accuracy. And it's easy to add up, too.

My intent for this match is to provide a competitive venue for shooters to bring out their carry/defense gun with the gear they would normally use on the street. This would exclude a CR speed belt and any DOH holster (unless you're a cop using duty gear)

I intend to shoot my Kimber Compact Aluminum Stainless with LEAD bullets from a BraveHeart IWB rig.

Latest posts

Top Bottom