NEW Pistol Match in Edmond !!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bratch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IDPA has practical divisions, but I don't see too many folks shooting their Glock 26. No, they shoot the match with their Glock 34, then wear their G-26 home. Ask them when they shot it last and they'd have to pause and think about it for a minute.

That's where this match comes in. Ideally, it gives the shooter a place to shoot his carry/defense/nightstand gun in a competitive venue against other similar guns. This improves the shooter with his chosen carry/defense gun.

For those of us that carry a G34 will we be able to use them?

I can't make this month but would be interested in the future.

David E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, you can shoot your 34. Load it up and compete in the "High Cap" division. If you currently shoot Production Division and don't use a Dropped-Offset holster, your Production rig will suffice.

As far as lead bullets go, unless we're all choking on lead smoke, (highly unlikely) lead will be allowed. As I said previously, they have a super ventilation system, costing around $170,000, so we should be perfectly fine.

So you lead bullet shooters, come on out !

For the sake of clarity, Heartland itself does NOT ban lead bullets for use on their range. It was only a suggestion to ban lead from the matches by one of the posters in this thread.

mike_pinto

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
A bunch of brand new, NEVER SHOOTERS carrying IWB these days. Anything to get trigger time is good. Aren't the 3 gun matches just every other month? I think 6 pm should be late enough to shoot both for those that want to. I think plenty of folks still have plenty of fun at H&H match. What I hate is those experienced shooters who come and never help set up or tear down. That makes it no fun for those who have to run it or do help. I say the more matches in the OKC area, the better.
I know that wasn't in reference to me Mike since I have setup and RO'd just about every match that I have been to at h and h.

Good luck David and I hope it takes off.

David E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was unaware of the 3-gun matches held on the 3rd Sunday, every other month.

Also, I had to go with what Heartland has available. Sundays are it.

Then, I had to consider what else is already going on. (that I was aware of)

Hinton holds IDPA matches the first Sunday, starting at 2 pm on the first Sunday. In addition, Tri-City holds an 'IPSC-like' match on the first Sunday starting at 10 am. So, first Sunday was out.

H&H shoots the second Sunday night, so second Sunday was out.

Fourth Sunday finds a match in Shawnee, which many people from OKC go to, as well.

All of these are within an hour of the OKC area.

That leaves the third Sunday at 6 pm.

I thought this would work out great, as it would allow a shooter living in the OKC area to shoot THREE matches for THREE weeks in a row without having to drive that far. Probably less than 20-30 minutes for most.

I know I can't please everybody. Heck, this wasn't even my first choice! But it's the best available.

But as things progress, more options may present themselves, but for now, the best option is the 3rd Sunday night.

bratch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, you can shoot your 34. Load it up and compete in the "High Cap" division. If you currently shoot Production Division and don't use a Dropped-Offset holster, your Production rig will suffice.

sounds good. I run a Raven IWB for everything so that isn't a problem.

Like I said March is a no go but maybe April.

mike_pinto

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
it sucks trying to get a new match day. No matter what, you step on something. I mean it when I say I hope it works out. I, unfortunately won't be able to play. I really like the idea of practical rules with vickers scoring.

David, please come out to the 3-gun match and announce all the particulars. This is a hard month to get it going with double tap and all, but if you need anything, let me know.

First of all, I was unaware of the 3-gun matches held on the 3rd Sunday, every other month, so there is no issue of "respect not being returned."

Second of all, I had to go with what Heartland has available. Sundays are it.

Third of all, I had to consider what else is already going on. (that I was aware of)

Hinton holds IDPA matches the first Sunday, starting at 2 pm on the first Sunday. In addition, Tri-City holds an 'IPSC-like' match on the first Sunday starting at 10 am. So, first Sunday was out.

H&H shoots the second Sunday night, so second Sunday was out.

Fourth Sunday finds a match in Shawnee, which many people from OKC go to, as well.

All of these are within an hour of the OKC area.

That leaves the third Sunday at 6 pm.

I thought this would work out great, as it would allow a shooter living in the OKC area to shoot THREE matches for THREE weeks in a row without having to drive that far. Probably less than 20-30 minutes for most.

I know I can't please everybody. Heck, this wasn't even my first choice! But it's the best available.

But as things progress, more options may present themselves, but for now, the best option is the 3rd Sunday night.

David E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
David, please come out to the 3-gun match and announce all the particulars. This is a hard month to get it going with double tap and all, but if you need anything, let me know.

Now that I know about it, I very well might !! Altho I'm shooting Double Tap, I'm shooting Friday. Depending how cold/nasty/windy the weather is in TX, I may not be up to shooting by Sunday afternoon, but we'll see.

All I "need" is practice ! :D

btw, how can you edit without it showing that your post was edited ? Just curious !

mike_pinto

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Not sure. I think once you make GM, they make you mark your edits! :)

I apologize for my earlier post as it sounded pretty crappy. I am happy you worked it out with the owner. He is a great guy that is very interested in supporting the local matches.

C-ya!

M

Latest posts

Top Bottom