NEW- RKBA Pocket Holster Review

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, you just cost me 38 bucks. :grumble:

J/K... I'm kinda pumped now. It looks like it will p'own my Mika.

Everyone always raves about the Mika and I don't have anything against it but it felt like I had a small lawn mower tire in my pocket, with a gun inside that. OK, that's an exaggeration but it still felt too bulky for my taste

BC

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have seen his work on The High Road and was set to order one, until I found a Tagua on closeout for 15 bucks. I am sure the RKBA is better , but I am a CHEAP mutha, so the $15 holster works well enough for me.

I am sure though after reading your review, this is a better holster. And still a great deal at under 40 bucks. I may just order one anyway...

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why would one want one that is smooth on the front and rough on the back??

Only reason I can think of is if you kept a wallet or money clip in the same pocket as the holster. That way, when you removed it, it wouldn't be "stuck" to the rough side of the holster and would come out cleanly.

Of course, there's no way I am putting anything in my strong side pocket but my CCW. My gun rides solo in there.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Everyone always raves about the Mika and I don't have anything against it but it felt like I had a small lawn mower tire in my pocket, with a gun inside that. OK, that's an exaggeration but it still felt too bulky for my taste

BC

Yep. I only use it for cargo pocket carry in the summer and inside jacket pocket carry in the winter time. It works great for that. This one with those "hooks" look like it will be great all around.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you very, very much for this review, Burk. I've been in the market for a left handed pocket holster for the last few months. My DeSantis Nemesis has just about had it.

When I carry my J frame as my primary, it rides in my right front pocket in a Milt Sparks PCH-R. I love that holster like no other and this RKBA looks a lot like it...curved to the shape of the leg and what not.

But when it's carried as a BUG (more often than primary) it rides in my front left pocket. Three weeks and 38 bucks sounds better than 6 months and a C-note that a left handed Sparks was gonna cost me. :rolleyes2

I think I'll order one.

Thanks Burk. :wave:

Latest posts

Top Bottom