New Ruger 1911 pistol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am a friend of Bob Reeves. I will be 73 years old in May. I can no longer see iron sights & the target at the same time. Some of you know what I mean.
Almost everything I shoot has some sort of optic. I can use some types of fiber optic sights. I can still use my Glock 21 with dual gohst rings.
In order to put fiber optics on my 1968 Colt National Match, I would have to machine dovetails in the slide. I bought this new & still have the box, factory target & papers. It still looks great. I'm sure it is worth a lot more than the Ruger, which has dovetails.
I am not saying the Ruger is as good as the Colt, but that it is better for me.
When the Rugers are available, & if they are as good as Bob's, I will sell the Colt, buy one, & put fiber optics on it.

Tom Martin

FWIW, there are many new Colts available with Dovetails. A good number of newer 1911s have them, it's not uncommon.

The Ruger, while probably the best buy for the money, is nowhere near the tightest 1911 production gun out there.

J

John1808

I put mine on layaway today. Something about it caught my eye and Im not a fan of stainless 1911's. May just go tomorrow and pay the rest and shoot it this weekend. I have done alot of research on it and other 1911's. Seems like a fair price. I mean come on its a Ruger. :hypnotize:

Latest posts

Top Bottom