New style Ruger 22/45

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caseman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Took them long enough.

"January 18, 2010
Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. (NYSE-RGR) is pleased to announce the introduction of the new Ruger® 22/45RP Mark III™ pistol, an even more realistic understudy for the venerable 1911 pistol. Now, the classic 1911 grip angle and feel of the Ruger 22/45 pistol is enhanced by replaceable 1911-style grip panels.

The checkered, cocobolo, 1911-style grips are functional, aesthetically pleasing, and allow shooters to swap to other grip panels to suit their shooting taste, style or need.

Like all pistols in the 22/45 lineup, the new Ruger 22/45RP pistol offers virtually identical magazine button, manual safety, and bolt stop locations as the classic 1911 pistol. The slim polymer grip frame features a serrated front strap and a checkered back strap.

The 33 ounce Ruger 22/45RP, chambered in .22 LR, features a blued alloy steel 5.5-inch bull barrel with a fixed front sight and micro-adjustable rear sight. Mounting optics on the new pistol is easy as all adjustable sight Ruger Mark III pistols are drilled and tapped for a Weaver-style scope adapter, included at no extra charge."

TMA-1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cool news. I'm a big fan of the Mark II/III pistols, but the grip panels on the 22/45 never rang my bell, and the fact that they were "hardcoded" kept this otherwise worthy pistol off of my want list.

Now that they've solved that problem, I'd better start saving my money.

Latest posts

Top Bottom