New to Broken arrow area. looking for range.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
welcome to the forum. you have a few options in the area. some are on public hunting lands and require a valid hunting licence. red castle gun club is another option. not sure of all the public areas but i'm sure someone will pop in with more info soon.

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oil Capital is to the East of you near Coweta. I've shot some USPSA matches there, so I don't know what long distance ranges they have, or how expensive it is, but it's a nice facility.

USSA (US Shooting Academy) is is North of Tulsa, but probably less than 30 minutes drive time for you. I'm a member there, they have a 100 yard, 300 yard (as far as I recall) and a couple 50 yard bays. Lots of smaller bays for pistol shooting. Family memberships are about $30 a month and no range fees for members. It's one of the best ranges in the region. No, I don't get a discount for mentioning them; wish I did!

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oil Capital is to the East of you near Coweta. I've shot some USPSA matches there, so I don't know what long distance ranges they have, or how expensive it is, but it's a nice facility.

I think it's 200 yards. They also don't allow FA fire; those two conditions dissuaded me from trying to get a membership there, even though it's much closer to me than Red Castle.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the link. It looks like you need a member referral to even be added to the list now.

The Oil Capital member referring you sends an email to the Oil Capital Membership Clearinghouse. The email subject line is "Oil Capital Member Prospect and name". The body of the email has the prospect's name and contact info, including email and best phone number. Also the referring member's name and member number. No money deposit required to get on standby wait list. Once you rise on this list to the Top Ten you will be asked to post the $100 refundable deposit. Currently cost of membership is around $1600 plus annual dues ($125). The buy-in amount for the membership can be recouped when/if you decide to sell. Current the Top Ten is full with 15 on the non-deposit list. A reasonable expectation is that you would be in line to buy a membership in 9-12 months.

Max range is $200 yd. No full auto's including "bump fires". No restriction on the use of holsters. Facility is open 24/7. Some of the rifle/pistol/shotgun fields have field/undershed lighting for evening use (permitted to 10 PM). Fishing lake. Archery area. Multiple HVAC equipped range buildings with full bathroom facilities. Hard surface roads and parking. Go to Google Earth and look up the place 305th East Ave & 101st St. South).

Latest posts

Top Bottom