New to me Swede

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
nice shooting boost. i'll be thew first to admit that i'm a marginal rifle shot at best. my swede shot a very similar group my first outing also. for those that want one as was said, here's your proof!

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got another one for the stable.
i47.tinypic.com_ddpdn4.jpg

i50.tinypic.com_2i8dahs.jpg

1903 CG. Most numbers match (mag plate and barrel band don't). Light patina on exposed parts. Original barrel (6-digit match). Wood matches even though it has interesting toe repair a-la Type 99s.
Loose (like falling off loose) front sight fixed with 4.5mm replacement.
Firing pin was turned out full turn making it inop - another easy fix (one has to wonder if it even ever been shot).

Let Wipe-Out do its thing for an hour. Did some brushing with No9. see if anything else breaks loose.

First five of 43.0 of IMR4350 behind 120 SMK, Lapua virgin brass, WLR:
i48.tinypic.com_2ex0nxv.jpg

Swedes keep delivering - haven't seen one that shot bad ... Dustin!
You didn't even let me buy the mofo. I was gonna buy it. Sell it to me for what you have in it!

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
henschman said:
What's a good price for one of those? I could have got one at the last OKC gun show for $350... it looked pretty nice. I see them going for $600 + sometimes, so I thought it was probably a pretty good deal, but I just don't know enough about them. I also thought it was strange how the disk in the stock had no markings on it.

If you shop right you can land a standard M96 for $300 give or take. So what is a standard M96? I'd say a Gustafs made from 1902 to 1922 or so. There's a few extra factors that will cause the rifles to be priced at a premium (different type of stock woods, etc.)

This site has tons of info on the Swedes:http://dutchman.rebooty.com/

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You didn't even let me buy the mofo. I was gonna buy it. Sell it to me for what you have in it!

I found the auction 6 hours after it was lilsted, I let you know about it and I waited 24 hours for you to buy it - it was a buy-it-now deal, if I didn't buy someone would, and it was obviously not you :sorry1:

For what I got in it (CC fees, transfer etc) - we can find you a nicer one anyway: the wood and outside metal are OK, missing disk, some parts mismatch. I know your style, this one isn't for you :bighug:

Latest posts

Top Bottom