New to Tulsa, what should I see, do or eat?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
Welcome to Tulsa, we moved back last year after a 20 absence. While gone I craved Carl's Coney Islanders so give them a try. If you like that also give Ron's Hamburgers a go, Tulsa has a great Coney and Hamburger history. Tolly's on 11th street is a great diner and for old school real Sub Sandwiches any Bill and Ruth's will take care of that craving. There are a lot of good suggestions on this thread so try them all. Tulsa has a lot of food choices.

Also I don't know what you shoot but give USSA gun range a try, it's next door the the police academy just north of town. We live in downtown and I can be there in about 15min.
Bills Hamborgers, lunch only, week days, and Ikes Chili on 11 th st. that has been in continuous business over 100 years, the oldest restaurant in Tulsa! One of Will Rogers favorite places it eat!

CorpsVet

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For Hamburgers, Bill's, but there are a few things to know. First, get there early (they buy fresh each morning and when they are out, they close, usually by 1 P.M.) Second, they are hard to find. Third it's cash only.
Even with those problems, they are so good they sell out every day.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
For Hamburgers, Bill's, but there are a few things to know. First, get there early (they buy fresh each morning and when they are out, they close, usually by 1 P.M.) Second, they are hard to find. Third it's cash only.
Even with those problems, they are so good they sell out every day.
I call in my order 15 minutes before I get there! They are busy, but for a good reason!! They only have 4 or 5 stools, and two outdoor tables, so plan on eating in your car! Just goes to prove, the only thing you need to sell lots of hamburgers is GOOD HAMBURGERS!!

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm late to the party, but two places that come to mind are The Ridge restaurant in Tulsa. Good steaks, good salmon. And if you like honey in your tea or coffee, Skiatook Bee Supply. The lady that runs it is sweet as honey herself and has forgotten more about bees and honey than most beekeepers will ever learn. They put on bee classes too if you're wanting some "straight off the vine".

Latest posts

Top Bottom