New toys

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I got some new toys today, ones from Russia, the Other is from Berlin.

Ill post pics when i get home this evening. And I have some questions as to what i just spent $300 on.

Its like Xmas, im so pumped!!!!!!!

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lurker66 said:
I got some new toys today, ones from Russia, the Other is from Berlin.

Ill post pics when i get home this evening. And I have some questions as to what i just spent $300 on.

Its like Xmas, im so pumped!!!!!!!

Sounds good. Let's see 'em!

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Grrrr my pics aint uploading. I'll post em soon as i can.
My first Mosin, nothing real special, numbers match, round reciever has 1942 stamp. Most cosmoline cleaned. Came with bayo, oiler, mag pouch and 2 boxes of ammo. $125.

A Mauser, DWM-Berlin, non matching numbers, star of David on bent bolt. No Crest, no caliber marking. Straight stock, no pistol grip.
I think its a small ring 7x57, had 8mm mauser on tag. Cocks on closing bolt. Wood is very good. Bore is dark but very good. Gave $150, was marked 299.99

it resembles the mosin except for bent bolt. Any ideas without pics?

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Grrrr my pics aint uploading. I'll post em soon as i can.
My first Mosin, nothing real special, numbers match, round reciever has 1942 stamp. Most cosmoline cleaned. Came with bayo, oiler, mag pouch and 2 boxes of ammo. $125.

A Mauser, DWM-Berlin, non matching numbers, star of David on bent bolt. No Crest, no caliber marking. Straight stock, no pistol grip.
I think its a small ring 7x57, had 8mm mauser on tag. Cocks on closing bolt. Wood is very good. Bore is dark but very good. Gave $150, was marked 299.99

it resembles the mosin except for bent bolt. Any ideas without pics?

Cool deal. You'll like the Mosin, especially the inexpensive ammo. Much of it is corrosive so plan to clean it with Windex or ammonia as soon as you can after some range time.

On the Mauser, I am not an expert on them though I do know the Swede variants fairly well. From what you've described, you may have an Israeli and it might be in 7.62x51. Hopefully others will chime in and offer their opinions.

milsurp2.0

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just a shot in the dark but the mauser sounds like a 1891 Argentine sportered if the bolt is bent. I'm assuming the external mag is whats making look like the mosin.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
No external mag. No crest either. From what ive been reading its a model 95. .308 wont fit in bore. With my mic the bore measures .286. it chambers/cycles 7x57 fine. The 7mm bullet is tight in bore at muzzle.

I found a thread on mauser.com that makes me think this is a model 95 Boer mauser in 7x57. Said most were sold to South America, who stamped their crest on them. A few were imported to the US with crest polished off and no caliber markings.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Cant find anything on stock, but it might have been refinished at some point. Ill find a gunsmith, find out caliber and check headspace, the shoot it. Might even scope it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom