News is censored by government officals.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DA 20

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The New York Times Admits That Virtually Every Major News Organization Allows The News To Be Censored By Government Officials. Many journalists spoke about the editing only if granted anonymity, an irony that did not escape them. No one said the editing altered the meaning of a quote. The changes were almost always small and seemingly unnecessary, they said.

Those who did speak on the record said the restrictions seem only to be growing. “It’s not something I’m particularly proud of because there’s a part of me that says, ‘Don’t do it, don’t agree to their terms,’ ” said Major Garrett, a correspondent for The National Journal. “There are times when this feels like I’m dealing with some of my editors. It’s like, ‘You just changed this because you could!’ ”

It was difficult to find a news outlet that had not agreed to quote approval, albeit reluctantly. Organizations like Bloomberg, The Washington Post, Vanity Fair, Reuters and The New York Times have all consented to interviews under such terms.

“We don’t like the practice,” said Dean Baquet, managing editor for news at The New York Times. “We encourage our reporters to push back. Unfortunately this practice is becoming increasingly common, and maybe we have to push back harder.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/16/u...trail-i-take-it-back.html?_r=3&pagewanted=all

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Guys when I first read it I was pissed too, but it is only the campaign crap being censored, not the real news. It is still not right but it is not real censorship, and it is not only the WH doing it.

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
it is not the government sitting in a room with all the news saying hmmm we dont want this to get out. It is news organizations selling their soul to interview someone. You should be more pissed of at the news organizations/reporters than the government.

Latest posts

Top Bottom