News updates from a CPA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This guy seems to be spot on with current and relevant news from a CPA perspective. If you like facts and numbers, you'll enjoy the updates.

4th Stimulus Check Update | Unemployment Benefits | Medicare Expansion |

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This guy seems to be spot on with current and relevant news from a CPA perspective. If you like facts and numbers, you'll enjoy the updates.
I feel like I went back about 60 years in time watching that. No fancy graphics, no prompter, no fancy sets, no videos--just a solid ten minutes or so of info. I've subscribed and turned on notifications--something I never do. Thanks for posting.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the gate prices for goods are up over 41 percent. hasn't been like this since 1980. i think we have already spent 36% of our gdp since january. and more printing is happening monthly.trillions debase the currency

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I feel like I went back about 60 years in time watching that. No fancy graphics, no prompter, no fancy sets, no videos--just a solid ten minutes or so of info. I've subscribed and turned on notifications--something I never do. Thanks for posting.
Update: I've unsubscribed from his channel. Why? Well, his aggressive "dropping" of his script pages was annoying, but I got used to it. What got me was his report last Monday, May 3rd, on the income tax refunds on the first $10,200 of unemployment income. He says, at 1:44 in, "...and then, out of nowhere, they changed the rules..." I was shocked that a CPA would be unaware that one of the provisions of the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021, signed into law by Biden on March 11th, was to retroactively exempt the first $10,200 of unemployment benefits for people with an adjusted gross income below $150,000. I became aware of it shortly after it happened when TurboTax notified me of the change. It was also part of many of the reports of the signing of the act into law. I would expect that a CPA who runs a YT channel named ClearValue Tax would keep up on changes to the tax law.

Then I started listening closely to his reporting. He is a simple "rip and read" presenter, apparently using news releases and other generic news sources for his scripts. By doing that, he is either subconsciously or consciously passing on the biases of the sources of the releases. That is bad journalistic practice. Therefore, I've deleted him from my subscriptions and will not be watching him any more.

Latest posts

Top Bottom