Nics delay turnaround time

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdschoonie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hopefully it’s just an isolated shop, or method of request. I bought a rifle from Walmart last week. The Federal stuff was instant, but apparently the store manager and the gun counter associate were having friction. She called for “manager approval” no less than 5 times. It took 10 minutes to do the forms, Feds approved it instantly, but waited on the manager 45 minutes to walk her lazy a$$ back to the counter to approve. By far the longest I’ve ever waited, except for 25 years ago in NM, with the 10 day waiting period haha.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hopefully it’s just an isolated shop, or method of request. I bought a rifle from Walmart last week. The Federal stuff was instant, but apparently the store manager and the gun counter associate were having friction. She called for “manager approval” no less than 5 times. It took 10 minutes to do the forms, Feds approved it instantly, but waited on the manager 45 minutes to walk her lazy a$$ back to the counter to approve. By far the longest I’ve ever waited, except for 25 years ago in NM, with the 10 day waiting period haha.

So the manager could've disapproved your purchase? Even after the NICs came back as proceed?

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought one at Attwoods last year and the manager not only carried it to the check-out, and the door, but had to walk me to my car before he handed it to me. He told me it was an ATF requirement. I just smiled and got in my car.

Latest posts

Top Bottom