No Flat Bicycle Tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It has been 20 years since I was a kid on a bicycle. Back then my dad would buy solid tubes (maybe a dense foam) that the bike tire would mount around it on the rim. This would keep me from having weekly flats.

Shopping is limited in my area to a Wal Mart and they don't have anything similar. Does anybody know of any in OK, such as Academy or Wal Mart? I need them for a small cart I will be pulling behind me in rough terrain covered in stickers and cactus.

Thank you

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It has been 20 years since I was a kid on a bicycle. Back then my dad would buy solid tubes (maybe a dense foam) that the bike tire would mount around it on the rim. This would keep me from having weekly flats.

Shopping is limited in my area to a Wal Mart and they don't have anything similar. Does anybody know of any in OK, such as Academy or Wal Mart? I need them for a small cart I will be pulling behind me in rough terrain covered in stickers and cactus.

Thank you

im sure someone makes them but i'm not familiar with a solid tire system for bikes right now. That said, many companies make a great tire sealant product (Stans is one of the better know), that is a liquid you inject into your tubes (or tubeless setup) and seals most punctures quickly. I have it in the wheels of all four of my mountain bikes.

What size wheels are you using?

Most bike shops would likely carry a sealant, but not sure about the big box stores. It's easy enough to get online.

cinco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, they do make them - couple of different manufacturers. Pulled this from Amazon, but Walmart had them listed as well...

http://www.amazon.com/Bell-SOLID-NoMorFlat-Bicycle-1-75-1-95/dp/B00005BTJB

images

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What kind of wheels does your cart have? If it could handle car tires, you might be able to find a worn set of run-flat tires that would probably do the job just fine.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What kind of wheels does your cart have? If it could handle car tires, you might be able to find a worn set of run-flat tires that would probably do the job just fine.

Oh this is a small cart that would be overwhelmed with car tires. It has about a 1/2" or 5/8" axle, and is designed to carry up to #300 on bicycle tires. It is pulled by a person.

Car tires wouldn't be easily punctured by cactus and sand burrs, but that would be overkill for what I need to pull around with my gear or deer on it. (think cart being pulled over rough country by a person)

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom