No Participation Trophies for This Team

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
What an absolute jerk!! The team reflects what the coach has taught them and it surely has done that.
A wise man once told me the hand that is pointing a finger at someone has three fingers pointing back.

I'm glad he told the kids I hope to never see you again. Maybe he will quit "coaching" and do something useful in his life like making pop can pull top animals.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fair. But for the life of me I can think of no circumstance where I'd ever say something like that to mine, let alone in front of a group of others. With cameras rolling.

I think it was totally setup, and the parents were in on it. I've seen some other videos of this guy on mound visits, and they are all kind of like that. Obviously the kids' parents dont have an issue with it. Its not something I would get upset about if my kid was there, but being a boy dad is different than having a daughter.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My little brother coached baseball for years. It was in Edmond at a Round Robin Tournament that they got beat out pretty quick and in the parking lot leaving a guy came running out with a box full of “Participation Trophies”. He told his team the truth, they got beat and when you lose you lose and don’t get anything. In front of the parents and the guy with the box he trashed canned the Trophies and they went home. He never allowed any of his teams to accept them, and the boys learned a good lesson. This was around the middle 90s when that **** started here in the bigger Cities of Ok, he coached rural in a small town.

I have to agree with Participation Awards are stupid and only sets kids up for a non realistic life!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom