NON 1911 .45acp CCW

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LBnM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What is your opinion of the Sig P227?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have not owned but shot two. Grip didn't feel good to me so I was never interested. Capacity isn't my first interest. My P220 compact is only 6+1 and I'm comfortable with that and a full size magazine backup. If I were still an active LE I would like more capacity. BTW, I did own an HK45for awhile . Not bad but not for me.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Glock 36. Pretty good little gun. However, the bottom of the mag tends to 'pinch' my little finger as it fires. Not a deal breaker, but it does get your attention.

bigchuck83

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've owned an HK 45 full size that was a great gun just a little large for what most people would carry, and would like to eventually get either an HK45 compact or USP 45 compact. The compact 3rd gen S&W pistols are also nice if you can find one. Owned a 4516-1 that was a great shooter.

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Used to have the CZ 97. Great gun, I stupidly got rid of it for something else I "needed more". It is definitely not dainty, in fact, gorilla hands would be helpful. I don't have such hands so it was always just a bit too big for me, but damn it was nice.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My Dad was a sales rep for HK back in the early 90’s, so I got to shoot a bunch of USP’s. They’re great guns but weren’t really my cup of tea. I’ve had a Sig P220, but it was too large for my hand and heavy for carry. I’ve had a couple Glock 21’s (notice I said HAD) and have a G30, G30s, and a G36. I’ve carried a G36 ALOT, and it’s very carry friendly.

All that being said, my personal preference for a “carry” 45 is a commander or officer size 1911.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I'm not carrying a Colt commander it's a Glock 30S for me. Plus I have this little P365 I like very much that I carry quite a bit in the summer and quick trips to the store in the winter.