NY Man Charged With Slingshot Possession

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just when you thought New York's weapons laws couldn't get any more foolish....

NY Man Charged With Slingshot Possession
March 25, 2012
By Robert Gillock - Web News Editor
Texas Fish & Game

An 18-year-old Brewster man was charged last week with weapons possession after police found two slingshots in a car in which he was riding, said Carmel police Chief Michael Johnson said Friday.

The arrest occurred at about 6 p.m. on March 17. ......

I think if they outlawed (slingshots) they’re probably pretty dangerous weapons,” [Police Chief]Johnson said. “It’s almost like carrying a gun.”
:laugh6:

http://www.fishgame.com/newsblog.php?p=7321

mhphoto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I was in middle school I developed a method of bending paperclips in just the right conjuration so that you could shoot them incredibly far with great accuracy with a rubber band.

Needless to say I'm banned from crossing the state line into New York.

juscvin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At least he didn't have a straw and some spitballs then they would have had to call out SWAT:yikes2: and the list of reasons I wouldn't move to a northern state grows just a little longer

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oklahoma Statutes Citationized
Title 21. Crimes and Punishments
Chapter 53 - Manufacture, Sale, and Wearing of Weapons
Section 1282 - Felony Use of a Slung Shot
Cite as: O.S. §, __ __

Any person who carries upon his person, whether concealed or not, or uses or attempts to use against another, any instrument or weapon of the kind usually known as slung shot, or of any similar kind, shall be guilty of a felony.

I never have understood if a "Slung Shot" is what we all know and love as a "Sling Shot", but there it is.

SBD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They should also outlaw baseballs and bats, hocky sticks and pucks, the automobile, golf clubs, kitchen knives, rocks, require registration of knitting needles and outlaw salt. Why not. If you are going to go the extra "stupid" mile might as well go all the way. It won't matter anyway as everyone knows, at least intuitively, that will be one of the first cities to destroy itself if anything ever happens to the public infrastructure. RANT concluded.

Latest posts

Top Bottom