NYC raises age limit for tobacco purchase

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Great idea ............. after all, nobody smokes before turning 18, so raising the legal age to 21 will reduce the number of smokers and therefore reduce the cost of Babbacare and I can my insurance plan because I like it.

Bloomberg is out and needs to leave a legacy before creating the Hitlery / Bloomberg '16 machine to Utopian Domination.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. - C.S. Lewis

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
i think it also mentioned that the minimum cost of a pack will be $10.50 also. WTF! who could afford to smoke anyway?

BikerHT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just quit smoking a couple of weeks ago. Prior, I would buy OK made Echo brand for $32/carton in Chandler. Working in Chicago area, didn't have a pack with me one day and stopped at a store in Illinois - they wanted $11.90 for a pack! Went down the road into Indiana and they were $6.05! I waited til I got back to my RV where my Okie smokes were.

Chicago is currently talking about adding another $.75 per pack tax on them. Chicago is jacked up in so many ways!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk and loving my Cyclone!

Latest posts

Top Bottom