Nylon Jacketed Ammo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Who's OEM'ing it for Cabela's? Dollars to donuts, it's Blazer, which is owned by ATK, same as Federal. It's entirely possible that these Herter's loads are superior, as they claim, but I'd say it's unlikely that the nylon has much to do with it. If it did, Winchester and Remington would be in on it.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Cheaper to produce is all I've been able to find since I seen these a few months ago. Keep us posted on their performance. I wanted some as a novelty since they cost more than FMJ, yet are produced as a cost savings measure.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Blazer, CCI, Speer, and Federal are all the same company, and they're the only ones making the nylon-jacketed bullets, so it's impossible to know for sure if they make a real difference (aside from the aforementioned fouling advantage). The fact that none of the other major manufacturers are using them would, IMHO, lend credence to the theory that they don't.

ETA: Federal has been making nylon-jacketed bullets for more than 20 years, so it's not like this was just sprung on the other makers, and any patent encumbrances should be expired.

Dalyup

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cheaper to produce is all I've been able to find since I seen these a few months ago. Keep us posted on their performance. I wanted some as a novelty since they cost more than FMJ, yet are produced as a cost savings measure.

Yea cheaper for them to produce and make more profit under the guise being better for your weapon and marketing. I'm all about making money but I've been buying blazer brass case fmj for 12.50/box

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Latest posts

Top Bottom