OA 2311 Compact Pro

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Veritas

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a chance to shoot the OA 2311 Compact Pro a week ago at Triggrcon and was really surprised and impressed with it.

I ended up buying one Saturday at Rainer Arms and put it through its paces at Wilshire yesterday. The main two guns I was comparing it to were my Staccato P and HK VP9. All three have similar barrel lengths and magazine capacities.

I put 160 rounds through it and while OA recommends 300 for the break-in I will say across two types of cheap range ammo and 7 different magazines (it comes with 5, I picked up two of the 21 rounders, and for those that don't know it takes Sig P320 mags) I had exactly zero hiccups or malfunctions. Not exactly a torture test but early models had reports of issues during and through the break-in period. I'm going to run it in a class this weekend and should get at least another 350-500 rounds through it so I'll know more.

All in all it's a great gun, it is not as soft shooting or as accurate as my 2011 but it was well within a large fist-sized group at 25 yards (I couldn't try out 50 yards at that range) and that's good enough for me.

I'll add using one of the three plates it comes with, the rear iron sight is in front of the optic window and does not co-witness. They are usable but definitely hit way low so a heavy 6 o-clock hold is needed if the dot goes down. After 10 or so rounds of practice, I found my holdover and was hitting what I wanted on demand but something to know.

It is a little easier to run than the VP9 likely due to the porting and better (than the VP9) trigger, but honestly, at 3 times the cost the difference is almost unnoticeable. I knew this going in, but I just wanted one, I mean look at that dead sexy "High Desert" color scheme with the sage green!

I thought I would share here because I haven't really seen any posts on it and even YouTube is light on content. Happy to answer any questions you have especially after I get more time on it this weekend.

IMG_3021 (1).jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom