Food prepping

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wish I could, but several of mine they won't give out more than 30 days or they are perishable for that length of time.
I agree, I understand, same thing for me.

What I did was talk to my doctor and ask if could give me another script, send it to Costco, and I could pay cash. Using Costco and GoodRx I was able to fill several scripts paying cash, the least expensive was about $10 for a 90 for one script, the highest was about $30 cash for another 90 day. IIRC I spend total for all 4 scripts came to around $75, again using Costco and GoodRx.

Then when my insurance came due again for my "normal" insurance 90-day refill using my insurance at my regular drug store, then I had a 6-month supply.

I ended up spending just a few more dollars and have a 9 month supply of all scripts.

Perishables, well that's a bad tough one, unfortunately.

Best wishes to you.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree, I understand, same thing for me.

What I did was talk to my doctor and ask if could give me another script, send it to Costco, and I could pay cash. Using Costco and GoodRx I was able to fill several scripts paying cash, the least expensive was about $10 for a 90 for one script, the highest was about $30 cash for another 90 day. IIRC I spend total for all 4 scripts came to around $75, again using Costco and GoodRx.

Then when my insurance came due again for my "normal" insurance 90-day refill using my insurance at my regular drug store, then I had a 6-month supply.

I ended up spending just a few more dollars and have a 9 month supply of all scripts.

Perishables, well that's a bad tough one, unfortunately.

Best wishes to you.
I am lucky I guess. Thru our insurance we use OptumRX for most of our meds. They like to keep shipping early so we build up a pretty good stock. For my insulin I am now getting assistance from the med companies since I was having to skip a lot of my meds. They send me a 90 day supply and again, ship early so I am working on building up a stock for just in case.

Back on the original topic, does anyone keep a few cheap canned hams on hand? Canned beef or pork? I buy a cheap canned ham every now and then along with canned chicken and Spam. Neighbor gives me canned beef every now and then for taking him to get food. He can not eat the beef but we can. Makes good beef and noodles that the wife loves.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We were at a smaller grocery store in Lawton. I happened to think about those canned hams. Ask a kid stocking SPAM if they had any canned ham? He looks at me funny and hands me a can of SPAM.
I explained what I was looking for. He just looked blank. The butcher, who was our neighbor a couple years back, comes out to say hello. Asked him and he got us a couple. He said he had ordered a few cases, he liked to keep some in his pantry. The kid was dumbfounded, he didn't know such a thing existed.

We keep hams, the canned chicken, salmon and beef. I concur with RickN. The beef makes a quick, easy, good meal mixed into egg noodles and mushrooms.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We were at a smaller grocery store in Lawton. I happened to think about those canned hams. Ask a kid stocking SPAM if they had any canned ham? He looks at me funny and hands me a can of SPAM.
I explained what I was looking for. He just looked blank. The butcher, who was our neighbor a couple years back, comes out to say hello. Asked him and he got us a couple. He said he had ordered a few cases, he liked to keep some in his pantry. The kid was dumbfounded, he didn't know such a thing existed.

We keep hams, the canned chicken, salmon and beef. I concur with RickN. The beef makes a quick, easy, good meal mixed into egg noodles and mushrooms.
Aldi or crest usually has the canned hams pretty cheap. Oh and if you or anyone needs a couple cans of Salmon let me know. I was given a couple and neither one of us eats it. They are 7.5 oz cans and someone can have them free.

Latest posts

Top Bottom