Obama invokes executive privilege as Holder faces contempt vote

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gaseous maximus

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Actually, the things I have referred to, I saw happen and remember them. Printed records, rarely reveal the political realities of the time. Regan, for what its worth, never had a marjority in both houses, true, the republicians did control the senate, for the first 6 yrs., but never the house. Unlike the dems., though a republican majority is not a true majority, because, people like Olivia Snow, Susan collins, Jim Jeffords, and others, can be counted on to vote with the left. Where as, a democrat, when crunch time comes, seems to pretty well toe the party line. Regan, after the assination attempt on his life, mar. 31 1981, was asked, would you support tougher gun laws? His reply was, " No, I believe we have enough laws on the books already. I remeber him supporting the so called Brady Bill, 1994, It didn't make my day either, ( Say it ain't so Joe.), but, even though some ,including Neal Knox, wrote it off as him supporting an old friend, Jim Brady, The info was kept secret for some time, but IMO, his alheimer's was probably pretty well kicked in. And yes I do believe in a conspiracy, When I was young, I regarded anyone who believed that way, as a far out freak. Now that I am older. I regard anyone, who doesn't as naive. It pains me to say it, but as George Wallace said, running as a independent, stated, "Theres not a dimes worth of difference between the Nat dem. & rep. parties"

Latest posts

Top Bottom