Obama invokes executive privilege as Holder faces contempt vote

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
President Barack Obama invoked executive privilege on Wednesday for the first time since taking office to withhold certain Justice Department documents tied to the flawed "Operation Fast and Furious" gun-smuggling investigation from a House panel demanding them. Obama's 11th-hour decision, revealed in a letter from the Justice Department to House Oversight and Government Reform Committee Chairman Darrell Issa, did not derail the California Republican's plans to hold a vote declaring Attorney General Eric Holder in contempt of Congress.

"I write now to inform you that the President has asserted executive privilege" over the documents, Deputy Attorney General James Cole told Issa...

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/...RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdANob21lBHB0A3NlY3Rpb25z;_ylv=3

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just called Congressman Lankford's office and later I'll contact more.

Questions I raised:

Who funds the BATFE's office?

Who has the power to stop funding?

Anytime a state or federally funded project questions the Feds, they threaten with funding cuts.

If the BATFE is shown funding loss....pink slips...would that get their attention and cooperation?

Supposd to get an email answer....we shall see, we shall see.

**I just hope somehow, someway, Obama doesn't claim that if he issues the old Clinton assult gun ban...this wouldn't have happened. Assult ban, assult ban...easiest way for liberals to stop crime.

Never mind that the BATFE committed a crime by giving the drug cartel the assult weapons. Never mind the murders committed, just ban the guns.

Walking guns to Mexico by our own Government officials.

Lord help us!!!

Cohiba

Last edited:

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I figured you guys would be happy, he's becoming more Bush-like every day!

After the election, he'll become Reagan-like and start banning guns!

Latest posts

Top Bottom