Obama invokes executive privilege as Holder faces contempt vote

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Holder was placed into his position VERY strategically by Dingle Barry, specifically because he was familiar with Holder's anti-gun stance. So..put a very anti-gunner in a high position of power and in control over the BATF. Think this F&F wasn't hatched by Holder and Dingle Barry together?!?

Now the whole thing has blown up in their faces and Dingle Barry has remained quiet as long as he can. The 11th hour bell has struck and the two are getting desperate. The sad thing is, they will find other creative ways to sweep as much of it under the rug as possible.

If the sad day arrives where Dingle Barry gets reelected, Holder will disappear (if not before then) to some cushy position in Nowhere, Connecticut.

I've been watching Holder since the DAY he was appointed and I'm not surprised by these actions at all. As Been sez, it was all part of the plan. It just went south.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I predict this will not be good for King Obama. By jumping into this he just created a lot more problems for himself.

So why is he protecting Holder? Maybe this whole operation came from the top in the first place?

Thats what Ive been thinking the whole time

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Calculated move to distract the sheeple from the real issues like the economy etc...and make Obama look tough to his base.

Now the news cycle will be smothered with this for months Agreed and in the end they will turn over a pile of papers that show nothing... Disagree

I tend to think there is something there. Why? The whitehouse has no compunction what-so-ever about leaking the highest level sensitive national security stuff to reporters. The dude in prison in Pakistan for giving us OBL? The Iranian centrifuge computer virus? But this fast and furious deal is so sensitive a congress committee can't see it? I'm not buying that. But I am torn on whether it was a good idea to wait as long as they did to recommend contempt. On one hand I think they should have been having today's discussion about nine months ago, but on the other hand we are 4 months from the election. We both know that nobody is going to be impeached for anything, so it might just be best that we get rid of them by having them lose in the election.

hanson405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Obama didn't know ANYTHING about Fast and Furious? Then how can he invoke executive privelige? So much for a open and transparent administration. The infamous Watergate coverup pales in comparison.
This
I predict this will not be good for King Obama. By jumping into this he just created a lot more problems for himself.
So why is he protecting Holder? Maybe this whole operation came from the top in the first place?
this

I think O is invoking executive privilege to save his own arse, not Holders...
And this.

I think he may have shot himself in the foot on this one. Not that it will get much MSM coverage, but if your paying attention (which a majority of American voters don't...and we wonder why we have problems).

In all honesty though, gotta praise Barry for keeping his nose clean thus far. Our "Modern" presidents:

W. Bush: 6 over 2 terms
Clinton: 14 over 2 terms
H.W. Bush: 1 over 2 terms
Reagan: 3 over 2 terms

I guess he had to do something right. He at least doesn't always appear openly deceptive.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Obama didn't know ANYTHING about Fast and Furious? Then how can he invoke executive privelige? So much for a open and transparent administration. The infamous Watergate coverup pales in comparison.

Exactly. Either Obama doesn't understand how Executive Privilege works, or he just admitted that he knew about F&F, while simultaneously throwing his minion Holder under the bus for lying to Congress. :)

Will we still be discussing this 3 1/2 years into Obamas next term?

Since he'll most likely not be held accountable for the actions of his administration, yes. Just as Holder and Co. are still trying to blame this fiasco on Bush. Considering the progress so far on Holder's 18 month old IG investigation into F&F (or lack thereof), I'll be surprised if we have that report 3 1/2 years from now. :(

Latest posts

Top Bottom