Obama: Military must now accept illegal aliens into their ranks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hairtrigger44

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
No matter what your nationality if you have gang affiliated tattoos you are bared from enlistment into any branch of the service. Each branch has slightly different rules on tattoos, however racist and gang related are bared from all services. There are over 2 million people in the military.

You forgot to look at all the other gangs that are in the military as well. There are some members of predominantly African American gangs, there are biker gangs and white supremacist groups. There are over 2 million people in the military. You get people from all walks of life with all sorts of questionable morals and previous affiliations. Some were in gangs or affiliated with gangs through family members before they enlisted.

Also in order to enlist you have to pass the ASVAB. It requires the ability read and comprehend English at a moderate level. Having been a recruiter in the Marine Corps and the Army National Guard I can tell you that most people of questionable country's of birth who want to join the military usually can not score high enough on the screening test given in the recruiters office. The ones who can usually have one or more other disqualifying factors. The United States military is one of the most selective employers in the world. Most medical issues disqualify you from enlistment.

I personally like the fact that military service will be incorporated into a pathway to citizenship.

1, thank you for your service
2, I don't like any pathway to citizenship as it rewards lawbreakers and many of these people have proven their loyalty lies with countries their parents broke into ours from ( Mexican flags at protests anyone) or their race instead of the usa.
2a If there is going to be a pathway to citizenship that I am against 100% I will admit I too like the idea military service is a part

On the mention of the asvab and so forth they are great points. The problem is the lawlessness the current admin operates that could be waived as well as the president magically did executive amnesty and plans to do more. I don't think it would be legal, but would not put it past him doing it.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I never said it would be easy for them to do it but there is a chance for them to do it. And don't let a criminal fool you. If they want to infiltrate our military they will.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I never said it would be easy for them to do it but there is a chance for them to do it. And don't let a criminal fool you. If they want to infiltrate our military they will.

No doubt, but we have plenty of problems with U.S. citizen criminals joining the military through regular enlistments. The highly selective nature of the MAVNI program tends to weed out that element.

If someone who was brought here as a minor child wants to get on the right path, and is willing to literally put their a$$ on the line by serving in the military in a critically needed skill to do so, I'm all for it. They'd be doing more than a large portion of people who were born here do/have done.

hairtrigger44

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
No doubt, but we have plenty of problems with U.S. citizen criminals joining the military through regular enlistments. The highly selective nature of the MAVNI program tends to weed out that element.

If someone who was brought here as a minor child wants to get on the right path, and is willing to literally put their a$$ on the line by serving in the military in a critically needed skill to do so, I'm all for it. They'd be doing more than a large portion of people who were born here do/have done.

I get the sentiment. I just disagree with it and figure the more and more here based on the size of families they chose to have will hurt conservative American values and gun owners in the long run.

yes there are us people who are criminals that join the military. There are us citizens who kill people drunk driving. The thing is when an illegal does it the crime is preventable as the person should never have been here.

MCVetSteve

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

This. If they're willing to risk dying for this country, give them citizenship. Nowadays I think it's something like just less than 1% of born U.S. citizens are veterans/service members.

hairtrigger44

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
This. If they're willing to risk dying for this country, give them citizenship. Nowadays I think it's something like just less than 1% of born U.S. citizens are veterans/service members.

John Kerry and Al Gore both served in the military. While I do think the majority of men and women in uniform love this country sadly there are also those who don't.

If they truly loved the country as is ( not turning it into a banana republic) and were willing to die for it then I might be able to get behind it. Sadly I think the majority of these kids loyalty is not to the united states but the crap hole third world country's their parents come from. I offer all the Mexican flags at protests against laws that let illegals know they are not welcome.

Latest posts

Top Bottom