Obama sending troops to aid Africa anti-insurgency

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do you really think those poor people don't have the desire to help themselves? Our lives are so much different than theirs that we can't even begin to understand their situation.

And, we don't have to be the world's police to help in situations like this. We just have to have the resources and be willing to use them.

We didn't become the greatest nation on earth by coming up with reasons why we couldn't do the right thing. And, if we crawl back in our shell, it's only a matter of time before we won't be the greatest nation on earth.

Look, guys, I'm the first to understand that this could go bad. I've seen more of these things than most of you; some of which we should have stood at home. But, you either stand for something or you don't.

Ya'll know how I feel about it.

john.beck49

Marksman
Reaction score
Look, guys, I'm the first to understand that this could go bad. I've seen more of these things than most of you; some of which we should have stood at home. But, you either stand for something or you don't.

Ask yourself this. How many products in your home were made by Chinese children in slave factories? How many clothes are in your closet made by children in sweat shops in Indonesia? How much oil was needed to fuel your vehicle this past year bought from a country that forces children to marry perverted old men? Yeah, what's going on in Africa is disgusting and vile. But we seem to look the other way when a country has something we need. Saddening but true. Like I said earlier, I am thankful we have people like yourself with the hope that things can change.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you really think those poor people don't have the desire to help themselves? Our lives are so much different than theirs that we can't even begin to understand their situation.

And, we don't have to be the world's police to help in situations like this. We just have to have the resources and be willing to use them.

We didn't become the greatest nation on earth by coming up with reasons why we couldn't do the right thing. And, if we crawl back in our shell, it's only a matter of time before we won't be the greatest nation on earth.

i'm sure the starving kids here in oklahoma would rather have our federal government shoot africans than feed okies.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is not a matter of changing the world. You seem to be trying to equate these guys to a nation-state equivalent. These are a bunch of bandits. They don't produce anything. They simply loot and pillage. They make Somali pirates look like sophisticates.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Have you been under a rock for the last 10 years? Our troops are spent, our money is gone, we do not have the resources to fight another battle.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, that really raised the tone of the discussion.

Starvation in Oklahoma is no joke, Seinfeld.

1 in 5 children in Oklahoma is food insecure. It is a very significant problem that we face right outside our doorstep.
http://www.oeta.tv/okforum/blog/1075-food-insecurity-in-oklahoma.html

Do you really think those poor starving kids here don't have a desire to be fed? We didn't become the greatest nation on earth by coming up with reasons why we couldn't do the right thing. If we keep worrying about other countries while our own children are starving then it's only a matter of time before we won't be the greatest nation on earth.

Latest posts

Top Bottom