Obama statement on TM verditc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n2sooners

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think stand your ground carries immunity, but this wasn't stand your ground. Would be weird for there to be immunity on one and not the other, but basic self defense has been around a lot longer and maybe they just didn't think to add it.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is he immune? Because I was hearing today that they are still considering it? I think it was the TM family attorney or one of them. I'm pretty sure he's Crump's law partner.
I don't know whether FL law is like ours or not, but I was thinking that ours was modeled after the FL law. It wouldn't surprise me that he is in fact immune and that it gets filed and heard anyway after the criminal fiasco.

If they do, it will get dismissed very quickly. It's the federal civil rights violation case he'll have to worry about.

DFarcher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A lot of people are crying discrimination. Isn't Zimmerman Hispanic? Frankly, this whole thing was a collision of two idiots.

Bingo!!!!! I'm sick of hearing all of the cries of racism! Zimmerman could have avoided the situation, maybe he is a racist and unfairly profiled TM. But none of that matters in this case. He still had the right to protect himself. Bottom line maybe Zimmerman was being a racist ass, but you are not allowed to beat some one to death for being a ass. You are allowed to shoot some one for trying to beat you to death.

n2sooners

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If they do, it will get dismissed very quickly. It's the federal civil rights violation case he'll have to worry about.

That's going to be pretty hard to prove too. It has already been ruled that the shooting was self defense, so all they have is the fact he followed him. But is it a civil rights violation for a Hispanic male to follow a black male and think he looks suspicious? And wouldn't they need to prove first that he has racist tendencies? A guy who has a black great(?) grandfather, who mentors black kids, who took on the Sanford police in the beating death of a homeless black man by a policeman's kid forcing the chief of police into early retirement, and then arguing for the removal of his pension? I'd say they will have a hard time proving that this guy has a racist bone in his body. But I wouldn't put it past them to try.

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's going to be pretty hard to prove too. It has already been ruled that the shooting was self defense, so all they have is the fact he followed him. But is it a civil rights violation for a Hispanic male to follow a black male and think he looks suspicious? And wouldn't they need to prove first that he has racist tendencies? A guy who has a black great(?) grandfather, who mentors black kids, who took on the Sanford police in the beating death of a homeless black man by a policeman's kid forcing the chief of police into early retirement, and then arguing for the removal of his pension? I'd say they will have a hard time proving that this guy has a racist bone in his body. But I wouldn't put it past them to try.

Oddly enough, it could also be good for GZ for all that to come out, to show that he isn't what the media claims him to be. Maybe if everyone see the "proof in the pudding", he may actually get a chance to live a semi-normal life living high in a mountain somewhere.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Someone on another forum commented on this in particular.

A DOJ civil rights case against George Zimmerman following a "not guilty" verdict would be political suicide. A black president has his black AG, under pressure from the NAACP, drag a Hispanic guy back into court for killing a black kid?

Yeah, that's gonna play out just great for the Democrats in 2014.

I wouldn't put it past them, but it would severely damage their market segment of the Hispanic community come election time. If I were Zimmerman's attorneys and DoJ came calling, I'd be on TV shouting racism and persecution of a Hispanic in a heartbeat.

BIG_MIKE2005

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
God Obama is such a worthless President. He will use any tragedy for his political gain & motives. Sad to see him play the race card in this as well as the anti-gun card, but sadly it was expected & he didn't disappoint. His time in office cannot end quick enough.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

But here's the problem as I see it. This administration doesn't give a hoot what some measly county court ruled. They won't even consider it as meaningful in any way, it'll be like it never happened. The .gov will determine for themselves whether further charges are justified. The finding of self defense will matter not one whit to them. I saw a clip of Holder's statement today and it sure sounded to me that he is seriously considering it too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom