Obamacare: Reform, Repeal or "It's Hopeless I Give Up"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What Should Be Done About Obamacare?

• Reform It

Votes: 8 9.5%
  • Repeal It Totally

Votes: 64 76.2%
  • "It's Hopeless - I Give Up"

Votes: 12 14.3%

• Total voters

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Which course of action do you support on the issue of Obamacare: Reform It, Repeal It Totally, or "It's hopeless, I give up," ?

And tell us why that is your position.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Repeal. Why should government be involved in my health care? I'd even repeal some of the other laws regarding health care as well, such as licensing.
Qualified membership in an association with specific criteria would give Joe Consumer the "protection" he needs when choosing health care. If I want to go to Granny's Health Store to cure my heart disease, that should be between me and Granny.
If I don't buy insurance, guess I'll have to pay through the nose. As it is, my insurance pays for those who aren't insured, and the State says Hospital X will take emergency cases, insurance or no. And if you're thinking about a tragic accident...think about the old dope fiend that comes to the ER with chest pain, gets admitted, and the cash register goes Ka-Ching on and on....with the cost being spread over the payers.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's Hopeless - I Give Up"

Because it didn't significantly change the three forms of coverage I have: my private group insurance via my employer, my coverage afforded through both the BIA/DHS clinics, and any coverage I have through my tribal nation directly.

Really I don't support the concept of it at all, but it's been argued to death so much that I've simply ran out of f***ks to give.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Repeal. It is a threat of force against people who aren't violating the rights of others in any way, and has no better moral status than any other act of naked aggression. I agree with Ted that there are lots of other health-related laws that need to be repealed as well, many of which helped to create the problems with increased costs and availability that Obamacare was designed to "fix." We can start with the Nixon era tax policies that threaten massive penalties to companies who don't offer plans through the workplace. Then we can eliminate Medicare. That would be a good start to getting the government out of an area it has absolutely no business in.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
None of the above. I think the GOP need to grow a set and force the American public to take what they ordered. In other words, stop letting Obama give them throat lozenges and cough syrup to make swallowing the bitter medicine less awful. Force the Dems to implement every last part of the law on time and in full effect.

Plainly state that they don't want to do this, but it's for the good of the patient in the long run. We need the American public to demand the Democrats repeal their own ****** law. They made their bed, let them lie in it! :mad:

Latest posts

Top Bottom