Obama's Presidental Orders

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am paying attention and there's no reason for you to be snide. We're on the same team. At least, at first glance, that's what I thought. But it appears unless everybody belongs to the chicken little club, they have little credibility in your circle of friends.

Yes, our government is out of control. Our government has been out of control ........ for decades. The formation of the IRS. Income taxes. Social Security as a retirement program. Gun control. DEA. TSA. HSA. I agree. Government is, and has been, out of control for a long time. At some point the American people decided that government had the right to stick their nose in my personal business.

But that's not the point of my post. My point is that the POTUS cannot simply declare patient confidentiality laws invalid in order to implement more gun control. He cannot do that. It takes an act of Congress for such things. And they're not going to do it. There are too many special interest groups with powerful lobbies that will make sure they don't. Not to mention the same voters who informed their representatives, after Sandy Hook, "Stay away from our guns if you value your underworked, overpaid, careers."

It's you who are not paying attention to what I'm saying. I'm saying the President cannot simply declare himself King and pass/repeal whatever laws he wants. He cannot make law. He cannot repeal law.

And for the umpteenth time, what's being discussed throughout the internet is a proposal by the white house. Said proposal has to go through Congress to become law, and Congress already learned their lesson with their antigun tactics after Sandy Hook. Nothing will come of it.

But you go ahead and don your tinfoil hat and continue your anti government paranoid rants. I'm through trying to reason with people like you.

And I'm through with this thread.

Nemesis, what you are saying is correct in that, that's the way IT IS SUPPOSED to be done. What you aren't getting is that this administration only gives half a $h!t about the law if, and only if, it suits their agenda.

I give you an example, there are many more to pick from:

“We support allowing citizens to keep their health insurance coverage, but the only way to fix this problem-ridden law is to enact changes lawfully: through Congressional action,” the attorneys general wrote in a letter to Health and Human Services (HHS) Secretary Kathleen Sebelius. “The illegal actions by this administration must stop." (emphasis mine)
Source

Pull your head out of the sand.

Street Rat

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I am paying attention and there's no reason for you to be snide. We're on the same team. At least, at first glance, that's what I thought. But it appears unless everybody belongs to the chicken little club, they have little credibility in your circle of friends.

Yes, our government is out of control. Our government has been out of control ........ for decades. The formation of the IRS. Income taxes. Social Security as a retirement program. Gun control. DEA. TSA. HSA. I agree. Government is, and has been, out of control for a long time. At some point the American people decided that government had the right to stick their nose in my personal business.

But that's not the point of my post. My point is that the POTUS cannot simply declare patient confidentiality laws invalid in order to implement more gun control. He cannot do that. It takes an act of Congress for such things. And they're not going to do it. There are too many special interest groups with powerful lobbies that will make sure they don't. Not to mention the same voters who informed their representatives, after Sandy Hook, "Stay away from our guns if you value your underworked, overpaid, careers."

It's you who are not paying attention to what I'm saying. I'm saying the President cannot simply declare himself King and pass/repeal whatever laws he wants. He cannot make law. He cannot repeal law.

And for the umpteenth time, what's being discussed throughout the internet is a proposal by the white house. Said proposal has to go through Congress to become law, and Congress already learned their lesson with their antigun tactics after Sandy Hook. Nothing will come of it.

But you go ahead and don your tinfoil hat and continue your anti government paranoid rants. I'm through trying to reason with people like you.
And I'm through with this thread.

I'm thinking about putting my tinfoil hat back on. The things I imagined would happen were actually less scary than the things that are happening. This isn't the America my parents and grand parents grew up in, I don't know when it changed, but it did, and it's not going to get any better. For the record, I'm not much concerned with the these new presidential orders, however I am curious as if there is an agenda behind these presidential orders. Maybe to get people talking about it again and show those reasonable minded people just how unreasonable those crazy minded NRA loving concervatives are, becaue obviously, they're not too concerned with dealing with the real issues.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After everything we have seen this administration do to pervert the "law", i dont think it is out of the realm of probability that they will continue doing so to further their agenda. time to wake up and realize this is a new day and attack the reality of it.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Current political move underway to stop this:

Republicans Pressing Reid to Delay the Anti-gun ObamaCare Mandate

It’s what GOA has been calling for. We’ve been begging Republicans to use any and every bill that comes before the Senate and to offer a repeal or delay of the ObamaCare mandate as an amendment.

And yesterday, Senator Mitch McConnell did just that.

McConnell proposed a Unanimous Consent agreement that would allow Obama's unemployment insurance extension to move forward -- if REID WOULD SIMPLY GUARANTEE A VOTE ON DELAYING THE ANTI-GUN OBAMACARE MANDATE.

As we alerted you yesterday, we have seen where the anti-gun ObamaCare mandate is leading -- with HHS regulations to waive all federal privacy laws in order to allow psychiatrists to turn in gun owners to the FBI's NICS system.

This could potentially affect millions of gun owners! And this is just one reason why Gun Owners of America has been opposing the ObamaCare mandate for several years.

So let's review the bidding: 68% of Americans want to delay the anti-gun ObamaCare mandate. Only 55% want to extend unemployment insurance.

Also remember this: Republicans are not demanding that the ObamaCare mandate be delayed. They're only asking for a vote.

Not surprisingly, anti-gun crazies like Senators Dick Durbin and Chuck Schumer are outraged.

And six Republican defections gave them the 60 votes to overcome the filibuster and move the bill forward -- though it still remains to be seen whether they can get 60 votes to shut out any amendments on the bill itself.

And, as we saw with April's gun control votes, the ability to get 60 votes on the “motion to proceed” to a bill is not always the same as getting 60 votes to shut out amendments on the underlying legislation.

In other words, there is precedent where we have lost the initial “motion to proceed” vote but still won in the end.

But McConnell is right. Before Harry Reid came on the scene, senators had a right to offer amendments dealing with the key issues of the day. That Republicans have been forced to use this strategy is an indication of how ruthlessly partisan Harry Reid and Barack Obama have become.

NOTE: There are six Republican Senators who voted with Harry Reid to overcome the filibuster, thus weakening McConnell’s hand to force an anti-ObamaCare vote. They are Kelly Ayotte (NH), Dan Coats (IN), Sue Collins (ME), Dean Heller (NV), Lisa Murkowski (AK) and Rob Portman (OH).

ACTION: Call or Click here to email your senators. Have your wife and kids call your senators. Have your neighbors and church members call your senators. Have your dog call your senator. Tell them to oppose cloture on the unemployment bill until a vote is allowed on delaying the anti-gun ObamaCare mandate.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and bet that Inhofe and Coburn are 100% on board with this. Still it wouldn't hurt to contact them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom