October Practical Rifle Match

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike_pinto

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
There are several of us at the Practical Match here in the Tulsa area that have expressed a willingness to drive down to OKC and help get a match off the ground down there if needed.
We would be happy to help in any way we can.
Dave

That would be great, but I really want to shoot your match. I guess what I mean is that there are quite a few of us that would come up to your monthly match if it wasn't on the same day as our pistol match in okc. The pistol match draws upwards of 80 people monthly. You might get your numbers way up if it happen to fall on another day of the month.

We hope to see all of you guys down here on the 18th for the big 3-gun match. It is going to be a hoot!

Mike

Matthew77

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have talked to some of the guy's that run the IPSC stuff at the OKC gun club about doing this kind of match out there. They seamed receptive to it.
The do three gun stuff there so I see no reason we could not do the Practical Rifle stuff there.

Are you a OKCGC member?

I emailed back and forth with a few of the directors and such out there. They expressed some interested but I could not get much further.

NO I am not CURRENTLY a member. I am hoping to make that change this next year though! (GRIN) I think that might help.

Do you know if they are accepting memberships?

prdator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I emailed back and forth with a few of the directors and such out there. They expressed some interested but I could not get much further.

NO I am not CURRENTLY a member. I am hoping to make that change this next year though! (GRIN) I think that might help.

Do you know if they are accepting memberships?

I've no idea on the membership.

I travel for a living and I may be doing something else for a wile and that will give me time to help with this kind of deal.

I dont want to shoot the 3 gun stuff just do to the shotgun! I really don't like shooting one and I'm kinda bad at it two. Im okay with a handgun and rifle but the magic stops at the shotgun.
So Im all for having the Practical Rifle match here to.

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've no idea on the membership.

I travel for a living and I may be doing something else for a wile and that will give me time to help with this kind of deal.

I dont want to shoot the 3 gun stuff just do to the shotgun! I really don't like shooting one and I'm kinda bad at it two. Im okay with a handgun and rifle but the magic stops at the shotgun.
So Im all for having the Practical Rifle match here to.

Memebership is closed as far as I know. They increased membership this year to 1500 which is how I got to join. If you want in next year contact the membership director and get on the waiting list ASAP.

The shotgun is really a lot of fun to shoot. I thought it would be my least favorite part of 3 gun but it is now my favorite. I guess its kind of like rilfe and pistol. If you only shoot at cans and paper targets it all gets boring. But when you through the texas star, swingers, poppers, etc, in there it gets a lot more fun no matter what you have in your hands.:thumbup3:

Snyperc

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I am more than willing to see about moving the match to another weekend, however, part of the issue is what is available at the club.
The most important part is what the shooters want. When we first established the match this was the weekend they decided on. If that has changed, and it is possible to change the match day, I am more than willing to accomodate.
Dave

Christopher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am more than willing to see about moving the match to another weekend, however, part of the issue is what is available at the club.
The most important part is what the shooters want. When we first established the match this was the weekend they decided on. If that has changed, and it is possible to change the match day, I am more than willing to accomodate.
Dave

You're still a racist, and a democrat.

Latest posts

Top Bottom