ODOT Rant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amadera

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, they’ve outdone themselves now. Those of you in the Tulsa area and southern suburbs know what I mean. These “rocket scientists” have decided to tie up north and south bound traffic on Memorial and by default EVERY north and south route between 81 st St and 101st St. In addition forget about getting on the Creek or 169 from Memorial . The new entrance ramp work wil be in progress for the entire rest of 2023! MORONS!
Rant over.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It looks like ODOT's part of that is just the Memorial interchange with the Creek Turnpike--anything on Memorial itself belongs to Tulsa or to the county (I avoid Memorial like the plague, so I'm not up on what's happening on it). That exit has been a charlie foxtrot for as long as I've been driving around there, and it desperately needs fixed.

ODOT projects map:
https://okdot.maps.arcgis.com/apps/Viewer/index.html?appid=c2acbffb54f443f8943a62119e5eb7ed#!
Tulsa road projects map:
https://cityoftulsa.maps.arcgis.com...dex.html?id=008f17b85c2d4b30a8af31b90ef24173/

amadera

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I agree it needed fixing but a YEAR? Terrible planning , the big problem with the interchange was the westbound exit ramp would back up onto the freeway because of the light at the bottom of the ramp. So now you cannot approach the freeway entrances without MASSIVE delays. Unbelievable stupidity and typical for Oklahoma. Have to ask, who’s getting paid?

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Expansion and basic repairs are such a nightmare because THE PUBLIC demands the work be done and the road remain open.

Shut down the are and detour traffic, the work is done in 4 months. Keep lanes open, set up barricades, work around traffic; same job takes a year +.

Avoid the area, save yourself and workers.

amadera

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes and that’s why it’s taking so long. My question is where were these geniuses when it was built to begin with? There’s NO way to fix it NOW without big problems! This is winding up like the north loop in OKC, that took five years! A town the size of Tulsa should NOT have the traffic problems it has!