ODOT Rant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jcann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes and that’s why it’s taking so long. My question is where were these geniuses when it was built to begin with? There’s NO way to fix it NOW without big problems! This is winding up like the north loop in OKC, that took five years! A town the size of Tulsa should NOT have the traffic problems it has!
I think you need to take your PE license and go to ODOT and the city of Tulsa and teach them how it should have been designed. Maybe take your sequence of construction so they understand the proper way to build a project under traffic.

amadera

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think you need to take your PE license and go to ODOT and the city of Tulsa and teach them how it should have been designed. Maybe take your sequence of construction so they understand the proper way to build a project under traffic.
Don’t need one to tell it’s screwed up, I suspect my rant offended?

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes and that’s why it’s taking so long. My question is where were these geniuses when it was built to begin with? There’s NO way to fix it NOW without big problems! This is winding up like the north loop in OKC, that took five years! A town the size of Tulsa should NOT have the traffic problems it has!
You a highway engineer?
Didn't think so.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don’t need one to tell it’s screwed up, I suspect my rant offended?
Your rant solidified your ignorance of the entire process and all the work that goes into it. Chill and try to understand, the "geniuses" are all PE licensed and working for the greater good of the customer, which is you and all Roadway users.
There are 2 of us here in this thread with a likely combined 70 - 80 years or so experience of roadway design. We both understand what a project under traffic, entails. Or any other project Scope. I know for a solid fact, we both easily Qualify as experts.
You do not.

Last edited:

amadera

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your rant solidified your ignorance of the entire process and all the work that goes into it. Chill and try to understand, the "geniuses" are all PE licensed and working for the greater good of the customer, which is you and all Roadway users.
There are 2 of us here in this post with a likely combined 80 years or so experience of roadway design. We both understand what a project under traffic, entails. Or any other project Scope.
You do not.
Nope, I only understand the results. Sure wish someone would explain it to me. Just looks to me like a years worth of north-south crazy. Traffic on Memorial used to move pretty well, not so much now. As a result Sheridan ,Yale and Mingo are now all but impassable as well.

Jcann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are 2 of us here in this thread with a likely combined 70 - 80 years or so experience of roadway design. We both understand what a project under traffic, entails. Or any other project Scope. I know for a solid fact, we both easily Qualify as experts
You do not.
He’s just talking out his a** because his mouth knows better. I’m sure he couldn’t sequence a road closure construction.