ODOT Rant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's all fun and games till the little old ladies start going the wrong way, sideways, and upside down trying to navigate the dang thing! Hell, a bunch of them can't even figure out how to navigate a traffic circle much less a double diamond half back with a kick flip and the quickstep exit intersection.... Let the games begin! :popcorn: :pms2:

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's all fun and games till the little old ladies start going the wrong way, sideways, and upside down trying to navigate the dang thing! Hell, a bunch of them can't even figure out how to navigate a traffic circle much less a double diamond half back with a kick flip and the quickstep exit intersection.... Let the games begin! :popcorn: :pms2:
I have commercials to address the aftermath.....

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's actually a very geometric efficient interchange, designed to move more traffic faster with no left turning lights. Much like a SPUI. Which we built in OKC and Norman at 1-40 and morgan road as well as I-35 and Main, and I-35 and I believe, Lindsey.
Much more efficient than a diamond interchange with 2 stoplights close.
I did geometric design for 20+ years and there aren't many alive still that get it more than me.
Not tooting my own horn but that's truth and I truly believe you'll be pleased with the outcome.
But it's like surgery, some.pain and long recovery till its done.
Be patient and try to remain positive durring.
It will be nice.

The town i live in loves roundabouts, and with good reason. It's always funny to hear the doom and gloom that comes up whenever a new one is mentioned. Yet after it's built, intersections function better and crashes typically decrease. But then the cycle starts over. It's amazing how different road patterns can scare people so much, especially when so many of these things are only 'new' to the area and are common in other places.

It also seems lost on some that the reason areas become harder to navigate pre-redesign is not because the road was planned poorly, but because the area around it changed after it was built. Stick a handful of car dealerships and a super target at 101st and memorial and suddenly the interchange designed for XXX cars per day is now seeing 10x that.

Reaction score
Well, they’ve outdone themselves now. Those of you in the Tulsa area and southern suburbs know what I mean. These “rocket scientists” have decided to tie up north and south bound traffic on Memorial and by default EVERY north and south route between 81 st St and 101st St. In addition forget about getting on the Creek or 169 from Memorial . The new entrance ramp work wil be in progress for the entire rest of 2023! MORONS!
Rant over.
Welcome to Tulsa

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was all over Tulsa today coming in on 412 to 101st and Garnette over to Bass Pro, over to 71st and back out using the 244. A little slow down on 244, but it was moving at 4:30. Clear sailing through Sand Springs and back home.
Guess I missed all the issues in this thread.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was all over Tulsa today coming in on 412 to 101st and Garnette over to Bass Pro, over to 71st and back out using the 244. A little slow down on 244, but it was moving at 4:30. Clear sailing through Sand Springs and back home.
Guess I missed all the issues in this thread.
Some folks can't be happy. Thanks for props

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have never thru a round about, honestly its one of the few things in life that intimidates me LOL.

When highway 19 was being worked on, shoulders added, dear god t was a mess. No one could understand the reasoning behind how or why it was being done the way it was.

Its finally completed, but for over a year it was a freaking mess.

Ada has all kinds of road work going on right now, its insane.