ODOT Rant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was all over Tulsa today coming in on 412 to 101st and Garnette over to Bass Pro, over to 71st and back out using the 244. A little slow down on 244, but it was moving at 4:30. Clear sailing through Sand Springs and back home.
Guess I missed all the issues in this thread.
Thirty minutes to an hour later and it would've been a very different story. If you'd hit the southbound 169 to westbound Creek interchange around 5:30, you would've been going through nearly stop-and-go traffic and seen the line of vehicles at the Memorial exit backed up onto the highway.

At least that's what I experienced around that time.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thirty minutes to an hour later and it would've been a very different story. If you'd hit the southbound 169 to westbound Creek interchange around 5:30, you would've been going through nearly stop-and-go traffic and seen the line of vehicles at the Memorial exit backed up onto the highway.

At least that's what I experienced around that time.
Yeah, we got into town just after morning rush hour and left town as the afternoon rush hour was starting up.
We always schedule arrivals and departures to avoid the peak times.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess I'm going to need to go back and review where the Tulsa issues are. We will be over there next week for training for our Summer jobs and testing of the van's equipment. I don't really want to get tied up into traffic jams.
It’s more a question of when than where. As long as it’s not 7:45-8:15 am or 4:45-5:45 pm, it’s not too bad.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1681500567046.png

Jcann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is a DDI in Elk City and our firm designed the Single Point Urban Interchange SPUI that will be going in at I40 and Douglas. Talk about a phasing nightmare that one was and is. We’re also putting a DDI at I35 & highway 9.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is a DDI in Elk City and our firm designed the Single Point Urban Interchange SPUI that will be going in at I40 and Douglas. Talk about a phasing nightmare that one was and is. We’re also putting a DDI at I35 & highway 9.
I knew about the elk city DDI, and 35 and 9, I did some work on both, but wasn't aware of 40 and douglas