Offend the cops, lose your guns?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sure it's coming.
I had a BA cop tell dispatch to put me down as anti police because I continuously told him to go **** himself maybe 10+ times. Got his little butt hurt feelings! Whaa.
he wanted me to bring a gun of my sons outside due to his ex GF saying my son had stole it And it was at my house(in the safe)
I told popo as much as you guys enjoy shooting people you can go f yourself If you think I am walking out of this house with a gun in my hand.
i had to tell him that for about 10 minutes before he realised he wasn't gonna win that one.
Told him to go away and I would bring it out.
As soon as he went to his car I threw it out in the porch or yard.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
California is a lost cause. Oklahoma is not. We need to prevent this from happening here. I am certain that there are those who say it can't, but time will tell. This needs to be used as a cautionary tale and spun accordingly. We have many moving here for low cost of living, however those that are moving should not forget what is going on in blew (yes, that is on purpose.) states.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In general cops are good people, but even I have had a few problems with them.

One thing that really stands out for me was the time that a sergeant with the Kent police in the state of Washington lied to me. At the time, Washington was one of very few 'shall-issue' states. That department did not like to issue carry licenses, and wouldn't do it unless they knew they were forced to. I kept getting a runaround and I let my unhappiness at this show, so the dispatcher sent me up to the sergeant, who asked me why I was giving the girls in the office a hard time. I told him that I was tired of the runaround. He then told me that he didn't have to issue me the permit if he didn't want to. My response was that state law said other wise.

He sneered at me "I suppose that you can quote me the state law on that." I quoted the RCW to him and suddenly, he was a LOT nicer, making a big show of calling the dispatcher and telling her to issue my license to me.

This was about fifty years ago and I remember the sense of victory that I had standing up to a bully cop.

Later on, I became a private security patrolman and worked closely with many members of the Kent police and had some very interesting and fun times with the guys.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
California is a lost cause. Oklahoma is not. We need to prevent this from happening here. I am certain that there are those who say it can't, but time will tell. This needs to be used as a cautionary tale and spun accordingly. We have many moving here for low cost of living, however those that are moving should not forget what is going on in blew (yes, that is on purpose.) states.
A lot of folks here think when we notice these kinds of things that we are against law and order, when in fact the opposite is true. We want the best and most professional policing we can have for the dollar. I think cops should make more money in many cases.

In CA, for all we know these were diversity & inclusion gen-Z hires that complained on this guy.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's not that individual cops are or are not jerks - some are, some aren't. It does seem like that occupation attracts a certain "type", but regardless:

We entrust extra rights and privileges to LEOs. They are, and should be, held to a higher standard for that reason. They work for the government, therefore we should be suspicious, cautious and challenging at every turn. Standing up for your rights, calling BS on victimless crimes, refusing to volunteer information or insisting on a lawyer aren't "cop hating". I prefer the term "Liberty loving".

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's not that individual cops are or are not jerks - some are, some aren't. It does seem like that occupation attracts a certain "type", but regardless:

We entrust extra rights and privileges to LEOs. They are, and should be, held to a higher standard for that reason. They work for the government, therefore we should be suspicious, cautious and challenging at every turn. Standing up for your rights, calling BS on victimless crimes, refusing to volunteer information or insisting on a lawyer aren't "cop hating". I prefer the term "Liberty loving".
And to add to that, we should be respectful. I know sometimes emotions flare in tense situations, but just because you "can" tell the cops to f-off, doesn't mean that it helps the issue any.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

The same can be said about other groups, maybe even firearm forums.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And to add to that, we should be respectful. I know sometimes emotions flare in tense situations, but just because you "can" tell the cops to f-off, doesn't mean that it helps the issue any.
I have a long standing rule that I let a cop set the “tone” of an interaction. If he wants to be an a-hole, I’m more than happy to bend over and show him mine. If he’s cool and treats me like I’m a “customer”, I‘ll treat him accordingly.
I do not and will not volunteer any information not directly related to our interaction.

Latest posts

Top Bottom