Officer ‘allegedly’ shoots, kills family dog in Hennessy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most small towns have a pound or a contract with one. Hennessey is big enough to have one.

I am on the city website and cannot find one.

The Town of Hennessey is a small rural community of approximately 2,100 people located in Kingfisher County. The Hennessey Police Department consists of 5 Full Time Officers including Chief Aaron Pitts, and several Reserve Police Officers.
I live in Piedmont and we don’t have a pound. And most folks I’ve talked to don’t support raising taxes to fund one either. Animals are the owners responsibility. Strays out here tend to wander off or locals will take them in.

Last edited:

Two Gun Warrior

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Too many dogs running loose all over the state. Owners should be held responsable. I do not care what kind of dog if running loose they will pack up and eventually kill something other animals or maybe some ones child. When I was a Deputy I was bitten twice by dogs running loose. If it was not the departments protocol to put strays down, then he should not have. It is hard for the small departments to get and keep good officers.

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
in Piedmont and we don’t have a pound. And most folks I’ve talked to don’t support raising axes to fund one eitheonder . Animals are the owners responsibility. Strays out here tend to wander off or locals will take them in.
Within all of the boundless space in our unimaginably, vast universe, the light of consciousness that exists in living things (whether complex or simple; great or small) appears to be very rare. Extinguishing the life of a friendly dog (a conscious living entity) without provocation, but merely due to some minor or imagined problem or inconvenience, makes our world a darker place. Shame on the callous person who would commit such a wasteful act; and shame on all those who do not appreciate the value and wonder of life that we are unbelievably fortunate to temporarily share, and whom are also so narrow in perspective as to condone its unnecessary, unjust and premature termination in another conscious being.

Last edited:

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Within all of the boundless space in our unimaginably, vast universe, the light of consciousness that exists in living things (whether complex or simple; great or small) appears to be very rare. Extinguishing the life of a friendly dog (a conscious living entity) without provocation, but merely due to some minor or imagined problem or inconvenience, makes our world a darker place. Shame on the callous person who would commit such a wasteful act; and shame on all those who do not appreciate the value and wonder of life that we are unbelievably fortunate to temporarily share, and whom are also so narrow in perspective as to condone its unnecessary, unjust and premature termination in another conscious being.
No clue what this squawking means. No one out here is killing Fido. We just are not making our local government take on that responsibility of providing for them. If you wanna come out here and open an animal rescue by all means do that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom