Official Bedlam Football Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Talking about West Virginia???

Nope, the Sooners were ranked 17 when they walked on the field Saturday................they walked off as an 11, and OSU a 13. Nothing puzzling or mathematically wrong about my comment. If I understand the workings of the BCS correctly, if OSU would have lost to WV this week, instead of earlier in the season, OSU wouldn't be in the top 20.

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nope, the Sooners were ranked 17 when they walked on the field Saturday................they walked off as an 11, and OSU a 13. Nothing puzzling or mathematically wrong about my comment. If I understand the workings of the BCS correctly, if OSU would have lost to WV this week, instead of earlier in the season, OSU wouldn't be in the top 20.

Then perhaps you should have said "lower ranked" team instead of "worse" team.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
Then perhaps you should have said "lower ranked" team instead of "worse" team.

So how is rank determined? Some are better, some are worse based on previous performance. Somebody mentioned OSU loosing to West Virginia in a post above, yes, OSU lost to WV............................and OSU was still ranked 11 spots better OU before Saturday................but, OU proved better than 6th on Saturday, don't you agree???

I hope nothing but the best for Stoops and the boys, they work hard, prepare hard......nobody should want to see a in state team loose. I hope they pull off the upset in New Orleans...............some of you Sooner fans are fun to mess with though, hence my continuing posts, lol. Half of my family are Sooners fans, half OSU.......makes for great debate!!

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So how is rank determined?

By a top secret formula that always favors the SEC. Geez…I thought everyone knew that….

but, OU proved better than 6th on Saturday, don't you agree???

I'd say most certainly, but to be honest they looked pretty evenly matched to me. I'll say that OU was better coached during the last meeting between the two teams.

nobody should want to see a in state team loose

Agreed. Well mostly. I cheer for OSU every game of the season, except bedlam. On that day, I want to see OSU lose.

Half of my family are Sooners fans, half OSU.......makes for great debate!!

This is how it used to be in my family too. Over the years, some of the OSU fans in my family proved to be bandwagon as they've jumped on board the Sooner schooner. There are still some OSU fans in our midst, and it does make for some spirited discussions.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Both teams will have their hands full, that's for sure. If OU brings it's "A" game, they can give Alabama a serious run. If OSU brings it's "A" game, they can ring Missouri's bell.

Unfortunately, that's why neither team can legitimately be called "really" good - neither of them can always remember where they packed their "A" game.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
By a top secret formula that always favors the SEC. Geez…I thought everyone knew that….

I'd say most certainly, but to be honest they looked pretty evenly matched to me. I'll say that OU was better coached during the last meeting between the two teams.

Agreed. Well mostly. I cheer for OSU every game of the season, except bedlam. On that day, I want to see OSU lose.

This is how it used to be in my family too. Over the years, some of the OSU fans in my family proved to be bandwagon as they've jumped on board the Sooner schooner. There are still some OSU fans in our midst, and it does make for some spirited discussions.

Besides the final score.........winning difference in the game in bold above.

Latest posts

Top Bottom