Official Bedlam Football Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gearys 5600

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a feeling OU is going to feel the full force of the crimson tide roll over them... Not a shutout, but definitely a blowout

You probably should worry about your choking Pokes playing Mizzou....They will definitely have there hands full !!

I sure hope OSU don't go into the cotton bowl with the same mentality they did against the sooners. You will then see a BLOWOUT..

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You probably should worry about your choking Pokes playing Mizzou....They will definitely have there hands full !!

I sure hope OSU don't go into the cotton bowl with the same mentality they did against the sooners. You will then see a BLOWOUT..

Agreed. I think both OK teams got a terrible mismatch. Like that year the BCS threw Stoops a redemption bone when they played U-Conn... This year, OU/OSU are playing the part of U-Conn lol

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Seems this was discussed earlier.........this is the first I've seen this definition of a Sooner.
http://www.ou.edu/go2/why_ou/traditions.html

The origins of Oklahoma's nickname stretch back to the Civil War era. The Homestead Act of 1862 provided that a legal settler could claim 160 acres of public land. During the "Land Run of 1889", settlers from across the globe, seeking free land, made their way to Oklahoma Territory to stake their claim to a new life. One of the few rules to claiming a lot of land was that all participants were to start at the same time. Those who went too soon were called "Sooners". Sooners were often deputy marshals, land surveyors, railroad employees, and others who were able to legally enter the territory early to mark out choice pieces of land for themselves or others. As time went on, "Sooner" came to be synonymous with Progressivism. The Sooner was an "energetic individual who travels ahead of the human procession." And Oklahoma was the Sooner State, the land of opportunity, enterprise and economic expansion, very much in the Progressive spirit that engulfed the Old South in the 1920s.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OU vs Bama in the sugar bowl?

Can't really say I saw that one coming Saturday even after the win. Like others I think it won't go well for our boys. But at least it will get the "fire Stoops" crowd woke up.

I was at the OU - Alabama game in Norman a few years ago too, and their fans were great. They said we treated them great too even after having lost. That's the way it's supposed to be and hopefully those that go this time around will do the same.

Latest posts

Top Bottom