Official Bedlam Football Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've decided that from now on, I'm going to put money on OU every bedlam. I have such bad luck, maybe it can negate some of the lucky **** that happens to them. At the very least, I would get some winnings to drown my sorrows. Lol.

I've given serious consideration to just such a tactic.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've decided that from now on, I'm going to put money on OU every bedlam. I have such bad luck, maybe it can negate some of the lucky **** that happens to them. At the very least, I would get some winnings to drown my sorrows. Lol.

I've given serious consideration to just such a tactic.

The thought of doing that is painful.

My wife's grandfather used to make crab dip for OU game watch party's at home. They always lost when he made dip so I think we are going to revive that tradition she has his "winning" recipe.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It strikes me that the players bear the brunt of this loss (notwithstanding the officiating. Too many bad passes and too many drops.

That would be my assessment, too. Dropped passes, poor execution at times, poor pass coverage on defense. Take the lead with under 2:00 to play, and kick it short? Maybe it was the cold, but if not an accident, I'd think you'd want OU to have to cover as much field as possible. Can't remember, but did that kick even make it to the 25? There was multiple things that sunk their chances at the Big XII title. Looked to me like OU got outplayed most of the game, but made the plays when it counted. And that's all it takes.

Gebrown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That would be my assessment, too. Dropped passes, poor execution at times, poor pass coverage on defense. Take the lead with under 2:00 to play, and kick it short? Maybe it was the cold, but if not an accident, I'd think you'd want OU to have to cover as much field as possible. Can't remember, but did that kick even make it to the 25? There was multiple things that sunk their chances at the Big XII title. Looked to me like OU got outplayed most of the game, but made the plays when it counted. And that's all it takes.

Mistakes by both teams but I feel OU out played osu for the most part.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The NCAA says when the result of the play is in question, it does not stand. Maybe that same logic should apply to the rule book.

That's money right there! :rollingla
I told my wife when Green's TD was ruled not a catch that "that was a friggen TD". How many times do we see a player stretch the ball out over the goal line to get a TD when he goes down and no part his body makes it in? As soon as the ball crosses the plane it's play over, whatever happens after that is moot. So my logic was that Green caught and had possession in the air, and had possession when both of his feet came down in the end zone. Play over! Nope. The refs got that call right by rule.

The same applies to Gilbert's INT. They got it right by rule. I'm an OU fan but the rules are just whack, they contradict themselves. :screwy:

But the fact of the matter of this game is summed up by this:
OSU allowed a punt return touchdown, a fake field goal touchdown, committed seven penalties, failed on a fourth-and-goal from the 1-yard line, and allowed a game-winning drive that took just a minute and 27 seconds while holding a lead at home. The list goes on.

OSU did with OU exactly what OU did with Texas. They had themselves convinced they had the game won before it started...

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How many times do we see a player stretch the ball out over the goal line to get a TD when he goes down and no part his body makes it in?

Possession has already been established in that case and the rule that says that the ball only has to penetrate the plane of the opponent's goal line for a touchdown.

If Green would have had more positional awareness, or made the realization that there was little he could do if his feet weren't already in the end zone, and concentrated on finishing the catch there would have been no question.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Possession has already been established in that case and the rule that says that the ball only has to penetrate the plane of the opponent's goal line for a touchdown.

If Green would have had more positional awareness, or made the realization that there was little he could do if his feet weren't already in the end zone, and concentrated on finishing the catch there would have been no question.

Yea, I know thats what the rule states, but in my mind a TD catch in the end zone is defined as having controlled possession when his feet come down in bounds, at that point the play is dead and it's a TD. But by rule it's basically all of that AND maintaining control through the tackle or going down or throughout the act of going out of bounds, only then is the play over. It's as if the play is not over in the end zone until the player is down or out of bounds, again that's only in the end zone. The end zone seems to have different criteria than the field of play in certain instances. That's what I'm getting at, I'm probably explaining piss poorly.

Latest posts

Top Bottom