Official Bedlam Football Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
YUP, the most rabid fan I've ever see for OU didn't even graduate high school.

He knows all the stats, every players name, their record since inception of the program, and so on.

I know how to trigger his rants, so when we are with co-workers, I'll drop the bomb, and walk away. Slight smile on my lips. My work was done. :D

One of my in-laws, an uncle to my wife has a giant OU tattoo, no one in her family attended OU, much less graduated from OU. She is an OSU alumna.

You can see the difference...

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

"When in question, not completed". That settles it for me, I guess. OSU had too many opportunities to put that game away and didn't. That's their fault. Now with that NCAA rule in mind, how in the hell did they poo-poo the OU receiver's catch at the back of the end zone? Kind of glad they did, because it allowed a kicker to do what kickers rarely get to do, but that was an obvious catch for a TD.

As I mentioned a few times here: the officiating was pure crap, on both sides. I saw at least one (if not two) OU first downs ruled short - one even got reviewed and he was obviously well past the marker and still called short. Uncalled holding and blocks in the back, etc. It was pretty awful. The officiating crew should be ashamed, as should be the assholes throwing things. For the record, I've always found OSU fans to be pretty decent, as opposed to OU fans, so I'm surprised at the behavior after the game. But every group has it's assholes, I guess - some more than others.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
cj, that's a pretty good assessment. Although, I think a ref would have come to a different conclusion if given the chance to review.

One the OU first downs ruled short, I agree the first one was totally wrong. However, on the second, his knee was clearly down a yard short.

These things will always happen. I certainly don't think I could call a game any better than most refs. We're all too quick to blame. An unbelievable number of Poke fans are ragging on Gundy. If OSU had won, there would have been a similar ranting against Stoops. Given the money they make, I guess they should expect it. The refs don't make quite that much.

100 years from now, none of us will remember this.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The OSU meltdown/whining/excuses AROUND ME is just plain delicious. These people have been acting like complete assclowns since beating Baylor and I will say these are actual OSU grads. Many felt that they should immediately be in the NC conversation and couldn't stop going on about how bad they are going to beat OU. Now they claim to be classy after acting like complete idiots for the last few weeks. Oh well, they'll learn.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
cj, that's a pretty good assessment. Although, I think a ref would have come to a different conclusion if given the chance to review.

One the OU first downs ruled short, I agree the first one was totally wrong. However, on the second, his knee was clearly down a yard short.

These things will always happen. I certainly don't think I could call a game any better than most refs. We're all too quick to blame. An unbelievable number of Poke fans are ragging on Gundy. If OSU had won, there would have been a similar ranting against Stoops. Given the money they make, I guess they should expect it. The refs don't make quite that much.

100 years from now, none of us will remember this.

The ragging on Gundy is because when we clearly have the more talented team, we still can't come up with a bedlam win. Gundy has done a lot of good getting the program to a different level but he really needs to shake the bedlam monkey off his back. There is really no good reason that we should be losing to OU when we are the better team.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll never watch another one. That game has a hex on it.

I've decided that from now on, I'm going to put money on OU every bedlam. I have such bad luck, maybe it can negate some of the lucky **** that happens to them. At the very least, I would get some winnings to drown my sorrows. Lol.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The ragging on Gundy is because when we clearly have the more talented team, we still can't come up with a bedlam win. Gundy has done a lot of good getting the program to a different level but he really needs to shake the bedlam monkey off his back. There is really no good reason that we should be losing to OU when we are the better team.

It strikes me that the players bear the brunt of this loss (notwithstanding the officiating. Too many bad passes and too many drops.

Latest posts

Top Bottom