Official "I drew a controlled hunt" thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Camera's aren't allowed in the field,

Yeah, and neither are explosive devices.... I liked to crapped my pants when I was in the campground on Wednesday setting up my camp, and found a package or 209 ML primers that had slid out from under the pickup truck seat - I hid them *very* well....

Congrats to everyone who got picked.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Won't the staff take a pic and send it to you? I have seen a few pics of deer taken from the AAP. Surely there aren't that many who risk that.

The biologist or a white hat will take pictures of nice bucks for the website, and you can take pictures in the campground. Of your deer, whatever.

You just can't take it out in the field with you is all.

ai143.photobucket.com_albums_r135_ereif_138.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, and neither are explosive devices.... I liked to crapped my pants when I was in the campground on Wednesday setting up my camp, and found a package or 209 ML primers that had slid out from under the pickup truck seat - I hid them *very* well....
QUOTE]

Your extremely lucky. When we pulled into the parking lot, two Ok GW's searched our vehicle and the gear in the back of the truck.

We were allowed to take our cell phones into the field even though they had camera's on them. I will say they did not check mine when I got back, but they have the right too.

You also hear a lot of BS stories about why some were kicked off the property.
Smoking, matches, lighters are not allowed.

One guy told me his brother was permantly banned when he was caught on a "hidden camera" smoking in his stand. He said his brother hid the butts in the shaft of an arrow, but they still found it.....
I stopped short of calling his brother a complete liar, but just smiled and shook my head.

RidgeHunter.... I just stood in front of that building and stared for the longest time when I got there. That pic doesn't show but about half of what are on the buildings around there. Awesome!

Bill Starry, the hunting director is the middle guy in the pic.

the man

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dennis, for those of us who have never been there...do they have existing stands there you can hunt from, or are you totally on your own? Meaning, do you have to set up your own tree stands and/or blinds? How much time do you have to do this?

crazyfish

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Dennis, for those of us who have never been there...do they have existing stands there you can hunt from, or are you totally on your own? Meaning, do you have to set up your own tree stands and/or blinds? How much time do you have to do this?

There are no stands. You have to bring your own. You get some scouting time on the day of your orientation and can hang a stand at that time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom