OFFICIAL January '16 AR15 build party thread!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well this bites but... got home a couple days ago and my radiator decided to crack on one end. Plastic tanks so a pain to fix and I am NOT going to try and pull it out to fix it and put it back in only to find out the fix didn't work. So not going to be able pick up a build kit and may not have the extra to make it that way for the build party. Have to play it by ear till it gets closer to see if I can head that way. Radiator is ordered and going to swap the thermostat to a 180 degree one from the factory 195 along with replacing the cap and dropping the pressure a couple psi plus the lower radiator hose while doing a complete flush of the system.

lkothe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Heck yeah....bring what you have, never know if we'll have enough.

Hope everyone is getting their parts together!
Oh yeah, lets pray for a moderate temp day, not sure how good the a/c cools the shop area ;) ;)

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think I've got everything I need to just do a 'barrel swap' from 5.56 to 300AAC. I may try to get the rest of the parts together to build a complete upper, but I don't know if I can pull it off by May 8th!

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I should be able to be there for this... I may have to buy some more parts, though. I think most everything I've got now is already put together. :/

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hopefully I'll have everything for my varmint build by then. The last "party" ruined me. I now have more tools and just completed a CLEET armorer's course today. An AR10 is probably in my future as well.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ummm... the wife pointed out to me yesterday that May 8th is Mother's Day.

:bolt:

Is that gonna present a problem for folks???

I think I can still do it, but I will have my mother-in-law visiting from out of the country, as well as my own wife to think about. They're wanting to BBQ. Hmmmm.

I didn't realize it was Mother's Day. I can probably come for a few hours, but if I'm checked out with "the guys" the whole day on Mother's Day, I might end up in the ground. :(

What do you guys think of this? I'm open to ideas on how to handle it... doing it earlier in the morning, trying to be more structured so we can get it all done and complete early enough to spend time with the ladies, etc.? I don't know.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, nuts. Not good. I did not realize that. Uhhhhhmmmmmm. Could create problems around here. And, I was just about to buy the last pieces I need to build a complete upper. My name would have to go in the big, fat, 'maybe, but doubtful' list in that case. Enid is a long drive.

Latest posts

Top Bottom