Official OSA COVID-19/Corona Virus Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Like I said above in another post, when it's your time, it's your time.

https://news.yahoo.com/oklahoma-man-dies-being-hit-232623489.html

Oklahoma Man Dies After Being Hit by Car in Church Parking Lot On His 85th Birthday

That's how my parents think, drives us crazy. I get the mask thing. I don't like wearing one either, but ultimately it's a twenty-minute-a-week hassle. My rebelious paremts have grown into social butterflies since the government recommened social distancing. Attending massive fish and calf fries over the summer, a 500+ person surprise bday party in South of Houston over the weekend, lots of church dinners, parties, gatherings, etc all in the name of their god will either protect them or "call them home." Social distancing is satan trying to alienate the masses to get a hold on their souls type horse chit. Having cake and eating it too. I'm the libertarian sibling that defends them because they're grown adults, even if they're acting like a bunch of hormonally imbalanced indestructible teenagers.

At this point, if the catch the rona and die, we'll all be too pissed off and exasperated to be sad. Chuck em in the ground and write me.my check.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, at a celebration for his 85th birthday. Sad story.
My step grandfather at his retirement party died of a heart attack in the parking lot when leaving the event. 46 years on the job with 4 hours of time off to attend his first wife's funeral. Zero vacation days taken, 46 years on the job at the refinery here in town. When it's your time, it's done.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's how my parents think, drives us crazy. I get the mask thing. I don't like wearing one either, but ultimately it's a twenty-minute-a-week hassle. My rebelious paremts have grown into social butterflies since the government recommened social distancing. Attending massive fish and calf fries over the summer, a 500+ person surprise bday party in South of Houston over the weekend, lots of church dinners, parties, gatherings, etc all in the name of their god will either protect them or "call them home." Social distancing is satan trying to alienate the masses to get a hold on their souls type horse chit. Having cake and eating it too. I'm the libertarian sibling that defends them because they're grown adults, even if they're acting like a bunch of hormonally imbalanced indestructible teenagers.

At this point, if the catch the rona and die, we'll all be too pissed off and exasperated to be sad. Chuck em in the ground and write me.my check.

Lol I know you are worried about your mom and dad, and I'm not trying to make light of that, but I can only pray that I have inflicted this level of exasperation on my kids before I go. Payback and all ... :hey3::lmfao:

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know that state agencies are asked to keep track of any COVID related expenses so they can be reimbursed. ....I suspect hospitals may be similar. Each state got a big pot of money and needs to spend it. So maybe the the inflated COVID numbers are unintentional rather than a conspiracy.

Then again, maybe it is. I don't remember where I saw it, but I think it was in one of the threads here on OSA. Someone posted an image showing the death numbers for a period of time somewhere here in the U.S. While Covid numbers were pretty high, the deaths attributed to the flu were really, really low. At the time and still now, I suspect that most of their "flu deaths" were actually listed as Covid deaths.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The facts are that part of the death toll is false for financial reasons. If a person is decapitated in a car accident and post mortum is found to be covid positive, it's a covid related death.
I know that example is extreme but there is a HUGE difference between dying because of a virus or dying with a virus. Financially in this atmosphere it makes no difference to the medical community that get government money for covid treatment.

Dennis, I keep hearing about the financial benefit, but I have not been able to find any solid proof of this. I'm not doubting this at all, but just trying to find the data to help me explain this to a couple of non-believers.

Any guidance folks?

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Dennis, I keep hearing about the financial benefit, but I have not been able to find any solid proof of this. I'm not doubting this at all, but just trying to find the data to help me explain this to a couple of non-believers.

Any guidance folks?

Dozens of articles out there that started about the end of April covering the topic from both liberal and conservative medias. Google "hospital payment based on covid patients/deaths".

https://www.google.com/search?ie=UT...id-browser&q=hospital+payment+for+covid+death

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom