Official Random Photo Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks! :)

So... it's illegal to shoot the state bird, isn't it?

How about killing and/or harvesting the other state stuff?

Btw, if I run into one of those state dinosaurs, all bets are off... :lookaroun
:drunk2:

Oklahoma has a bit of fame in the dinosaur area. Here is an article from around the year 2000 that talks of discoveries in Oklahoma, including one in the Kenton area where they pulled out more than 18 tons of dinosaur bones and such.

Oklahoma is Dinosaur Country- Fossils, Footprints, and Digs Found in Many Sections

"The Kenton-area dinosaur quarries were excavated in the 1930s, and more than 18 tons of fossilized prehistoric animal bones have been unearthed. A reassembled apatosaurus skeleton, 85 percent complete and measuring 80 feet long and 40 feet tall, was removed from the site and is featured in the Smithsonian.

These quarries are on private property, but tours can be arranged by contacting the Cimarron County Chamber of Commerce at (580) 544-3344."

Forgalspop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oklahoma has a bit of fame in the dinosaur area. Here is an article from around the year 2000 that talks of discoveries in Oklahoma, including one in the Kenton area where they pulled out more than 18 tons of dinosaur bones and such.

Oklahoma is Dinosaur Country- Fossils, Footprints, and Digs Found in Many Sections

"The Kenton-area dinosaur quarries were excavated in the 1930s, and more than 18 tons of fossilized prehistoric animal bones have been unearthed. A reassembled apatosaurus skeleton, 85 percent complete and measuring 80 feet long and 40 feet tall, was removed from the site and is featured in the Smithsonian.

These quarries are on private property, but tours can be arranged by contacting the Cimarron County Chamber of Commerce at (580) 544-3344."

Interesting! Learn something everyday!

murphranch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IMG_3104.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 202017

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Roundup time!
We helped the neighbor move long horns to another pasture and the Angus to the lower pasture the other day.
I wish they didn't do that because we love looking at those longhorns and the Watusi bull with the 5' horns. He can scratch his butt by moving his head.

Latest posts

Top Bottom